joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big Dud Observations

JoshM

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

roads gonna be a problem in the morning?

I guess the bridges could be a little icy.  It is going to get down into the mid-20s tonight, but I would suspect that the roads (except elevated roads/bridges) have enough heat built up in them from days of heat and full March sun to avoid refreezing.  Maybe I'll be wrong, though.

BTW, the heavy slop just ended.  Barring a miracle, it's time to cancel winter.

Taking my daily walk in mid-Jan type temperatures low 40's and plenty of wind here north of ATL. Got my ski cap on. Ahhh. It feels so good! Winter not over just yet. This is the winter that keeps on giving into spring. :) :)

Flash grauple storm. that lasted all of a few minutes and was gone. Looked very weird. Saw a grauple storm several years ago here in Kville that coated the ground.

I remember a pretty intense (though short-lived) graupel storm in 2010 (I think).  I think it was in March during the day with temperatures in the 40s or something.  It was neat.

I remember a pretty intense (though short-lived) graupel storm in 2010 (I think).  I think it was in March during the day with temperatures in the 40s or something.  It was neat.

I believe that is the one I am thinking of. Never saw it before that day...came down hard. Got on the blog and asked about it and of course the fine people here were more than happy to kindly educate me, and for that I am grateful. Wife did not remember it and said it was sleeting outside. I told her no. She wound up going outside to check it out before it was gone and said she never saw anything like it. From what I recall of the last occurance, styrofoam is as good an analogy as I could hope to come up with.

Archived