joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 25-26 Potential Bomb Part II

earthlight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we see the final solution on the modeling until at least 0z Tuesday. It just makes sense that this storm should develop closer to the coast and the warmer waters of the Gulf Stream. You can see the modeling sniff that out by elongating the pressure field toward the coast. If it's a blizzard you are looking for then just remember that we usually don't see anywhere near the final solution until we are within 24 hours of the event. The Blizzards of 1983,1996 and 2003 weren't written in stone until the the day before and in the case of 1983 virtually the last hours. I'm not comparing the details of the storms but rather the way last minute changes can have major implications. My gut tells me this one may suprise us.

I don't think we see the final solution on the modeling until at least 0z Tuesday. It just makes sense that this storm should develop closer to the coast and the warmer waters of the Gulf Stream. You can see the modeling sniff that out by elongating the pressure field toward the coast. If it's a blizzard you are looking for then just remember that we usually don't see anywhere near the final solution until we are within 24 hours of the event. The Blizzards of 1983,1996 and 2003 weren't written in stone until the the day before and in the case of 1983 virtually the last hours. I'm not comparing the details of the storms but rather the way last minute changes can have major implications. My gut tells me this one may suprise us.

My emotional part would like to agree with you my mind knows otherwise. Hopefully thought we can head to the 4-8 inch territory in KNYC & more east.

March Madness .

That's how close Nassau and Suffolk counties are to a big event in late March .

CT too

Paul i truly think this isnt going to wide right like that. Typically with an extremely rapidly deepening EC storm they tend to correct west to some degree. IMO in the end i think nassau/suffolk will be a SECS atleast

My jaw just dropped. did you SEE the numbers for the cape????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2.5 FEET!

Lol  - 19 into Boston, that`s why the NE guys last nite were yelling way west - just not  in time for KNYC, but for them its a bomb

and  Eastern Long Island is close .

My emotional part would like to agree with you my mind knows otherwise. Hopefully thought we can head to the 4-8 inch territory in KNYC & more east.

To be honest with you, I,m not really interested in a 4-8 inch snowfall with a 960mb low forecast to bomb out offshore. Don't get me wrong, we've had a terrific year in the snowfall department but like many of us here I want all or nothing at all.

Lol  - 19 into Boston, that`s why the NE guys last nite were yelling way west - just not  in time for KNYC, but for them its a bomb

and  Eastern Long Island is close .

BUT and it is a VERY important BUT : BOX isnt buying the Euro solution @ all ! consider it an extreme outlier. But lets take a breath for a moment. The 3 major weather offices Mt Holly, Upton & Box all agree on 1 thing : nothing is off the table yet. It is very possible to look at 1-2 feet from CNJ- BGR just as it is possible to look at 1-2 flakes from Ric to BGR. The Only Places likely close to certain @ this juncture are the cape and N.S

March Madness .

CT too

Should get better sampling of the important piece of energy on the 12Z runs today.

THE REX HIGH IS SLIGHTLY STRONGER OVER

ALASKA THAN INITIALIZED AND THE IMPLICATION WOULD BE THAT THE LAST

PIECE OF THE PUZZLE, THE SHORT WAVE ENTERING NORTHWEST TERRITORY AND

NUNAVUT BORDER IS COMING IN SLIGHTLY HOTTER THAN INITIALIZED. THE

NEXT SOUNDING RUN SHOULD FINALLY HAVE A BETTER CAPTURE AND LAND

BASED RAOB SAMPLING OF THIS FEATURE

Paul i truly think this isnt going to wide right like that. Typically with an extremely rapidly deepening EC storm they tend to correct west to some degree. IMO in the end i think nassau/suffolk will be a SECS atleast

50 - 75 mile wobble is in the cards . Not sure if it`s east or west

March Madness .

CT too

Do they allow these images to be posted?  It says right on the bottom of the main Weatherbell page that these images cannot be used.  Am I missing something?  I mean I would love to post these as well, I just don't want to break the law.

Do they allow these images to be posted?  It says right on the bottom of the main Weatherbell page that these images cannot be used.  Am I missing something?  I mean I would love to post these as well, I just don't want to break the law.

No you can show the Euro as long as its not the Euro itself . If you change their map you can post em .

Maue re created them into this format , so they are ok with it .

And WX bell could care less as long as you are a paid member .

Archived