joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
St. Patricks Day 2014 snow obs

famartin

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm only 3-4 miles from the airport and I have atleast 3" if not more so I'm assuming they have about the same ... still snowing light-moderately

Yeah, I think the airport will get 2.7" and will be 2nd place all time. Just took a walk and I'm probably at 1.25 - 1.5"+...Philly will have more. Still snowing mod...21.8  

5.8 inches @ 755 AM.  Didn't think I was gonna see this much with the initial dry air.  Some good rates made up for that.  

Congrats! I was thinking the same last night - and wound up with almost 4" in 6 hours here. I don't know about all locations but in the end it seems the NWS and the models pretty much nailed it, northern edge and all.

Congrats! I was thinking the same last night - and wound up with almost 4" in 6 hours here. I don't know about all locations but in the end it seems the NWS and the models pretty much nailed it, northern edge and all.

You too.  Turned out better than earlier in the month.  

Yeah, the last NWS map was pretty good other than Trenton and north. 

Not a flake in Metuchen, in northern Middlesex County. Was surprised with the advisory for our county and the 1-2" prediction for northern Middlesex and 2-4" for most of the county that came out with the 4 pm package yesterday, then watched the forecast drop to an inch or less and got nothing. Was hoping this one might end up better than 3/3, but it was actually worse, as I got 3/8" for that one. Tough ending to the season, assuming it's over, although hard to be disappointed with 62".

Archived