joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
St. Patricks Day 2014 snow obs

famartin

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Officially there are at a trace right now, need 2.7", there's no heavy bands. They won't break 1"

A friend of mine lives in Folcroft, less than 2 miles from KPHL.  He didn't give me a measurement, but he said that everything's covered pretty good.  Not sure if they'll make 2.7 or not, though.  

Unless they're in some kind of snow hole I think it's going to be real close.

Yeah, it should be.  

The closest report, to KPHL, that I could find that was sent to the NWS is from Mickleton, Gloucester County.  

MICKLETON    1.0    411 AM    3/17     SOCIAL MEDIA

No biggie.  Actually looks like it's coming down pretty good at the airport right now.  

Watching the local news and reporters/camera shots...looks 1"+...can't be sure though.

Mod-semi heavy here...23.4...wind whipping pretty good. Going to take a walk. May be the last nice looking snow event of the year. 

OBS

22.3F

SN- & fog

Vis ~1 mile

Winds NE light

Looks like almost 3/4" out there - a good coating on the roads before a few salt trucks came by and took care of it.  Was little more intense earlier with the fine flakes but the flakes have gotten a bit bigger now. Temp has been dropping since earlier this morning (a couple degrees in the past 2 hours), so the snow is still pretty powdery,

Looks like about an inch or so up in NE philly so I'd imagine the airport has a little more than me. This is just eyeballing as I havent wiped the sleep out of my eyes yet let alone gone out to measure lol. Snowing moderately here. Looks like another hour or two of mod snow then its all over. Hopefully we can get that 2.7 but its gonna be close!

7 inches here NW of Greensboro MD. 26 degrees with still moderate snow falling, but nearing the back edge. Looks like my total for the season after this event will be just short of 40". Unless I get another burst, 39.2" is it for now.

Famartin- You do a fabulous job with making the annual post winter snowfall maps for the forecast area dude. Great job and much appreciated.

7 inches here NW of Greensboro MD. 26 degrees with still moderate snow falling, but nearing the back edge, Looks like my total for the season after this event will be just short of 40". Unless I get another burst, 39.2" is it for now.

Famartin- You do a fabulous job with making the annual post winter snowfall maps for the forecast area dude. Great job and much appreciated.

Thanks, I was actually planning on starting the "seasonal snowfall total" thread once this storm was complete... might be a little premature but might as well get people posting while they're still around, since I know many go into hiding after the snow threats are over.

Archived