• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
late feb torch/post torch discussion

forkyfork

What thaw ???, some of the models are showing this as a 35-38 degree thaw as the 6Z GFS trended much cooler. We may have ZR issues just away from the coast over the next 10 days with the polar boundary mostly south of the region, and waves moving through. I bet 40/40 temp dew point conditions are not happening. I see 37/37 the best for this thaw.... I think the thaw will be gone on most models this afternoon, with more just above freezing highs for Wed through next Sunday with ZR becoming more concerning just 30 miles away from NYC and LI. I am going to take a hunch that the 2/25-3/20 period is exceptionally cold and snowy, with 80 percent of the highs in the 20's. Only chance of sustained highs above 40 is not happening until 3/20 or 4/1, I think that may be too optimistic with -EPO likely going through May and sudden Strat. warming likely giving us a 40-60 day NAO block. Waiting till May for winter to end this year, and I strongly believe it too.... I know it never has happened before, but this may be our one time of bud out and leaf out being 5-6 weeks late this year, and trees all bare through 5/10, with leafout completed by Memorial Day. Last snow piles gone in lots by 5/20. Track this and let's see if I am very lucky on this prediction, hunch, feeling.

Holy crap where do you get this stuff lol? I want some of what you're on. In all honesty everything is pointing to a return for possibly below average temperatures by the end of the month. As well as increased snow chances once again. Winter seems far from over yet.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS has about 1-2 day thaw and that's it. The pattern reloads and mutiple threats are now showing up again.

It's not so much a thaw as it is a gradual transition into Spring, albeit rather brief. The highs would actually be near/slightly above normal on the gfs during this "mild period" as averages are getting into the mid 40s now.

It's not so much a thaw as it is a gradual transition into Spring, albeit rather brief. The highs would actually be near/slightly above normal on the gfs during this "mild period" as averages are getting into the mid 40s now.

Gradual transition into Spring? GFS only shows a 1 day warmup followed by winter returning with mutiple storm chance.

That track of the D 7-10 low is way to far inland for the nyc metro and possibly inland to get snow hopefully it changes cause that would suck if were back to being cold and it took that track....

It's 7 days out so it'll change numerous times, though I'm skeptical of any significant events as we near and enter March.

That track of the D 7-10 low is way to far inland for the nyc metro and possibly inland to get snow hopefully it changes cause that would suck if were back to being cold and it took that track....

Should have been more clear, what I posted is D7.......There is another threat D10.....Still an eternity to get to D7, even more so this year. I'm sure we'll see some shifting around with modeling to come (good or bad)

It's 7 days out so it'll change numerous times, though I'm skeptical of any significant events as we near and enter March.

Starts getting much more difficult especially for the nyc metro. Obviously we've all seen it can happen but it's more difficult I think. ...

Archived