joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 14-15 Event Obs

Kmlwx

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear I wish Snow Ian would come back.  Today's version is really a downer.

We usually own fast northern stream waves that need help to amplify as they pass us. ;)

I do like it more than I would normally but I can see it trending badly pretty easily too.

am I looking at the same GFS you guys are?

doesn't give that much qpf

it's not that much different than the last run .. more diggy/further south.  it's also close to going neutral/neg a bit early.. tho it ends up pretty far south either way.  it's a good spot for this type of wave which seems inevitable it will come north. 

It's one of those things. Give us a pass and amp like that and we take our chances. It would be a fast developing storm. We could suck eggs or eat caviar. We'll see how it all looks overnight and tomorrow. 

I agree with ian that we can get hosed. But if h5 progresses as advertised I'll take my chances all day. 

It's one of those things. Give us a pass and amp like that and we take our chances. It would be a fast developing storm. We could suck eggs or eat caviar. We'll see how it all looks overnight and tomorrow. 

I agree with ian that we can get hosed. But if h5 progresses as advertised I'll take my chances all day. 

no reason not to be interested at least. it's about as good a look as we want in this range and seems to be trending better.  my concern is that the flow is pretty convoluted.. it does a dance with the current h5 low plus another wave that gets sucked into it etc.  over the years when we've had lots of waves running all over the place we've tended to end up disappointed.  that said.. there's no denying this is a decent winter and we've managed to trend well a number of times.. so it's certainly a better chance than normal from my perspective. 

no reason not to be interested at least. it's about as good a look as we want in this range and seems to be trending better.  my concern is that the flow is pretty convoluted.. it does a dance with the current h5 low plus another wave that gets sucked into it etc.  over the years when we've had lots of waves running all over the place we've tended to end up disappointed.  that said.. there's no denying this is a decent winter and we've managed to trend well a number of times.. so it's certainly a better chance than normal from my perspective. 

And just to set the record for what I've been thinking about this. If all goes well it's a 2-4/3-5 kind of thing unless all cylinders fire. I do expect at least "some" snow out of it. Lead is awful short and look is pretty good. 

Archived