joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wrote about this awhile ago , but my post got deleted. I wasn't trying to be negative but the reality is this is storm for inland.

Much of Long Island is above freezing now, this wasn't supposed to happen until after the front end thump

The dynamics can cool the column to support snow even at 33 degrees on the surface.

Absolutely. The broken parts offshore of MD, SNJ, etc., will fill in shortly. We will be looking at a wall of 20-30db echoes covering the entire region within the next 2 hours. 

Dynamics haven't even started kicking in yet - LI and other places torching will cool off a bit with some evap cooling and when they get into some heavier precip possibly cool some more. Eastern South Shore is another story though. 

Steady Light snow has picked up in intensity in last 15 minutes Kew Gardens, temp up to 29.2 , & heavy HEAVY DBZ are nearby to the south. the next 5-7 hours will make or break the front end. If we get it all or 90% as snow then we are sitting pretty with more than 50% of storm left and at least 6 inches on the ground...waiting patiently to see who wins the race: heavy Z's or R/S line

Archived