joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
18z Models 2/11/2014 | Potential Major Coastal Storm

Sn0waddict

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its placement at OBX is only 36 hours out , so its getting close as far as seeing an open wave in the short run to OBX .

The DATA  today seems how have effected the Non American models at the mid levels .

The American Models are hanging tough

Surface temps above 32 will cut down on accumulations drastically.

No Chris  if that's right  its Minus 2 at  850 - its 10 to 1 

It's been doing that every single run.

No I understand that, Im just stating that looking at 39 hour 500mb, I'd have expected heights to pump much more ahead of the s/w. Im not saying this is worse/better than any other Nam run, just that I would have expected that s/w to remain much more vigorous/ and tilt much more than it is there. Something is just slightly off on the NAM 500 after 39 hours for me.

No I understand that, Im just stating that looking at 39 hour 500mb, I'd have expected heights to pump much more ahead of the s/w. Im not saying this is worse/better than any other Nam run, just that I would have expected that s/w to remain much more vigorous/ and tilt much more than it is there. Something is just slightly off on the NAM 500 after 39 hours for me.

It's my belief that if not for the kicker coming in this probably would have tracked inland for the duration. It gets shunted ENE in nearly the ideal spot.

I think it might be becasue it starts interacting with the kicker

It's the NAM, which just about guarantees its value as entertainment only anytime past 24 hours.

Im just waiting for it to see the mid level warmth the non americans did , It hasn`t yet 

It's my belief that if not for the kicker coming in this probably would have tracked inland for the duration. It gets shunted ENE in nearly the ideal spot.

If not for the kicker we would not even have this thread going right now for sure. And you are right the kicker is well timed in pushing this out just in time for us to remain mostly frozen. My issue is that with that ridge axis ahead of the s/w aimed right over NJ the s/w should have turned more negative than the NAM is showing. Not saying it should close off, but it is my belief the 500 is being portrayed just slightly too progressive after 39 hours on the NAM.

Archived