northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Winter 2013-14 Pattern Discussion III

Marion_NC_WX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Major ZR starts between hour 144 and 150 VERBATIM on warm biased Euro! Classic CAD!

Then to snow :D:snowman: Deformation zone with the upper low drops another 0.25 liquid worth of snow by 162.

What an absolute classic track for the SE.  I hope someone south of the Mason-Dixon line cashes in on it!

Sure is. Absolute thing of beauty. Low is quite a bit deeper btw compared to the 0z run

850s warm but the euro still has precip falling through 174 hours. Yet another 0.25 across ne ga and another 0.50 across sc. Not sure if this would be rain, sleet, or snow. 850s do warm above freezing by then but I'm guessing it's probably only barely above freezing. Just an amazing run.,

How does RDU get screwed no matter what the scenario or orientation of features?

What RDU said above, 2m line sets up just west of us. We need the track off the coast, not on the coast. The storm hits a brick wall and barely moves for 36 hours, crawls up the coast, why GSP gets 20".

What RDU said above, 2m line sets up just west of us. We need the track off the coast, not on the coast. The storm hits a brick wall and barely moves for 36 hours, crawls up the coast, why GSP gets 20".

What causes it to move so slow?  I know it's not the -NAO!! lol

Seems like about this time last year is when we started getting those cutoff systems.

What causes it to move so slow?  I know it's not the -NAO!! lol

Seems like about this time last year is when we started getting those cutoff systems.

The giant 1040HP, it's a perfect setup for a slow crawler, plus it's closed off. Someone will get 18" with that setup, probably foothills to triad to GSP.

Big snows N GA 3/6 night! OMG!!!!

Upper low moves across southern alabama, ga and to the sc coast. Perfect track for snow for us in this type of setup. Slow mover too. We would be looking at another historical event.  I mean it's just ridiculous.

That said, I sure wish this was 24 hours away and not 6 to 7 days. because we all know it's not going to look this good until then. This is such a near ideal setup for major winter weather that I hope people won't go cliff diving if it shows something different and less than ideal on any given run. Because every run from here on out would pretty much have to be worse because this run is near perfect in terms of it's track, it's speed..very slow, the duration, surface temps, low strength, damming high, etc. You name it and it's pretty much ideal for many in the southeast if you want a lot of frozen stuff.

Crazy thing about this run of the euro is it looks like it's an ULL floating by behind the main low. If that happens someone on I-85 would get crushed. Looks a little wonky but it has my attention now with the ENS having some consistency along with the CMC and now the OP coming back on board.

Yay, Buger is back, if your interested that must be good news :-)

12Z Euro clown has a whopping 1.2-1.5" of wintry QPF MCN/ATL NE to CAE/CLT/HKY with jackpot of 1.8" at GSP!!!! Storm of the new century?

Larry, do you think that we are in the time period, similar to the last storm, where the models will trend colder over the next few days?  Assuming that the major features don't wobble too much, that is some serious cold from the PV and arctic high.  Another super CAD may be on tap?

Archived