Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 4-5 Snow, Ice, Sleet, Rain Obs

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hunterdon-somerset-berks-lehigh-northampton-western chester- eastern chester-western montgomery-eastern montgomery-upper bucks- lower bucks- including the cities of...Flemington...Somerville...Reading... allentown...Bethlehem...Easton...Honey brook...Oxford... west chester...Kennet square...Collegeville...Pottstown... norristown...Lansdale...Chalfont...Perkasie...Morrisville... doylestown 1209 AM EST wed feb 5 2014

...Winter storm warning remains in effect until 1 PM EST this afternoon...

* Hazard types...Snow... Sleet and freezing rain.

* Snow and sleet accumulations...1 to 3 inches.

* Ice accumulations...One quarter to half an inch.

* Timing...Snow ... sleet and freezing rains will overspread the region overnight and may fall heavy at times. The precipitation will change to all freezing rain late tonight into Wednesday morning. The precipitation should taper off during Wednesday afternoon.

* Impacts...Dangerous travel conditions due to snow covered roads and reduced visibility late tonight and Wednesday. The accumulation of snow in addition to significant icing will bring down tree limbs and power lines...Resulting in power outages. Be prepared to lose power. The Wednesday morning commute will be greatly impacted.

* Winds...Northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.

* Temperatures...Around 30. precautionary/preparedness actions...

A winter storm warning means significant AMounts of snow... sleet... And ice are expected. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible. Due to the combination of accumulating snow then icing... Be prepared for possible power outages.

1AM obs:

TTN moderate freezing rain

DYL moderate freezing rain

PNE moderate freezing rain

WRI light rain

VAY unknown precipitation

SMQ light snow

PHL light freezing rain

PTW moderate freezing rain

XLL light snow

MMU light snow

ABE light snow

EWR light freezing rain

CDW unknown precipitation

ACY unknown precipitation

ILG unknown precipitation

MQS moderate rain

RDG unknown precipitation

MIV light rain

MPO moderate snow

FWN light snow

LNS moderate freezing rain

AVP light snow

1" snow, bout 1.5"-2" sleet, total around 3" so far. Ripping sleet

Incredible how much more precipitation you are getting there wow on the sleet. I had some bursts but didnt last long

I am noticing the sleet is ever so slowly sandblasting the snow off the trees here  :lol: three more hours of sleet would help considerably before the ZR gets here

Incredible how much more precipitation you are getting there wow on the sleet. I had some bursts but didnt last long

I am noticing the sleet is ever so slowly sandblasting the snow off the trees here :lol: three more hours of sleet would help considerably before the ZR gets here

Yep I notice that with the trees too, this is looking like valentines day 07. 3 more hours till the morning rush starts, I'm sure everyone and their brother will be out so you can expect us to close 309 and 100 lol, like Monday.

Yep I notice that with the trees too, this is looking like valentines day 07. 3 more hours till the morning rush starts, I'm sure everyone and their brother will be out so you can expect us to close 309 and 100 lol, like Monday.

Noooo VD 07. I actually loved that storm. 5" of sleet with 2" sugar coating of snow on top. Never seen it sleet that much.

Archived