Newest Member
    Toothache
February 4-5 Snow, Ice, Sleet, Rain Obs

Ralph Wiggum

OBS

31.8 F

ZR

Winds NE moderate

Power outage here in Chestnut Hill and throughout Wyndmoor Montco (outage happened about 3:45 am). Also heard that Cheltenham Twp had outages including around Easton Rd & Limekiln Pk.

What a friggin mess.  The trees in the area had still been covered with a snow paste and now they are going down. 

:axe:

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right after my last post it just started pouring Snow 1 to 2" an hour rates for about 45 min's...Pulled the temp down almost a full dg...Now just Snow...Looking where I cleared a small spot for a meas. earlier amonst a half dozen;that spot looks to have another 1.5,but not official so I'll just call it 5+(easy)...Temp back to 22...also seem to be noticing a coming around of wind direction,definitely still swirling...

Right after my last post it just started pouring Snow 1 to 2" an hour rates for about 45 min's...Pulled the temp down almost a full dg...Now just Snow...Looking where I cleared a small spot for a meas. earlier amonst a half dozen;that spot looks to have another 1.5,but not official so I'll just call it 5+(easy)...Temp back to 22...also seem to be noticing a coming around of wind direction,definitely still swirling...

To your South--in Bangor PA

Temp. still edging down with serious returns heading in from the SW

Mostly snow now. 25.4°

4" depth of sleet-compacted accumulation.

Sleet changed to freezing rain around 5 am, with 2" of sleet accumulation here in Metuchen (Edison area).  Been ZR for the last 30 minutes and it's currently 30F.  The ZR has compacted the sleet to about 1.5" of sleet/slush; there's maybe 1/8" of glaze on my car windows - hard to tell if the ZR is going to accumulate, per se, or just be absorbed by the snow/sleet that's everywhere - the rain is falling too heavily to accumulate well, is my guess. 

I can hear trees snapping every few minutes behind my house here in NW Chesco precip intensity is picking up temp at 31.2 sounds like straight ZR not many pings that I can here. My generator is working but it doesn't light up the back lights so can't see what damage but I can see a lot of ice on the deck etc.

Just starting to get light and I am beginning to see the damage - huge branches are down all around the house....worst I have seen in my 11 years at this location. I can see huge trees in the back that are bent at the top from the heavy snow and now ZR on top.

Temp at 31.4 very slowly rising .....but having doubts we ever break the freezing mark today. Power of course is out

Archived