amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Monday Mauler Obs Thread

Avdave

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High res nam for tues night is pretty uniform 30-32 degrees from wv panhandle to 95. Only spot below 30 is the northern fdk valley through thurmont to pa border. Won't be much of an event except for trees and rails. Maybe some sidewalks. Doubt the streets. 

Yeah, FDK valley usually gets some of the worst of the wedge ice events.  Not looking forward to it.

High res nam for tues night is pretty uniform 30-32 degrees from wv panhandle to 95. Only spot below 30 is the northern fdk valley through thurmont to pa border. Won't be much of an event except for trees and rails. Maybe some sidewalks. Doubt the streets. 

More than likely too cold except maybe where there's snow.  Going to be overtalked for nothing. 

I enjoy a good regional snow, but these gradient storms do suck.  The fact that it is rain to my south where I need to be screws me.  With a small event I can get through, but this is a little ridiculous.  It is a pain in the arse, and not an enjoyment.  This has happened a number of times this season, more so than I can ever recall in prior years.  My posts and observations are not meant to pour salt in any snow lovers wounds who is on the outside looking in, they are solely for info and observation sharing concerning a storm that is impacting all of us. If the consensus here is to stop posting Mason Dixon observations and images then that is fine by me.  

Obs are fine of course...But nobody cares that you can't get work......Nobody is unhappy you are getting snow..My sister lives outside Philly and sends me pics of every event...

Obs are fine of course...But nobody cares that you can't get work......Nobody is unhappy you are getting snow..My sister lives outside Philly and sends me pics of every event...

Fair enough.  My comments were not meant to garner sympathy, just expression of weather frustration which we all experience in various forms around here for various reasons. 

Fair enough.  My comments were not meant to garner sympathy, just expression of weather frustration which we all experience in various forms around here for various reasons. 

Nobody...I mean nobody gets frustrated with snow in this subforum. We get frustrated the other way around. I personally don't care what you post but the way you do it will get you negative attention every single time. If you like or don't care about it then keep doing what you do. If it bothers you then stop. 

in a sharp gradient storm where some people didn't meet expectations, it usually isn't going to be received well to post pictures of 8" and then repeatedly complain how you don't want the snow and how bad it is that you cant get to work...Do you really lack the self-awareness to realize that?...seems like a no-brainer....anyway....I hope you get no more snow and it melts as quickly as possible?

Nobody...I mean nobody gets frustrated with snow in this subforum. We get frustrated the other way around. I personally don't care what you post but the way you do it will get you negative attention every single time. If you like or don't care about it then keep doing what you do. If it bothers you then stop. 

I am frustrated the other way around also which is my point.  I want everyone to get it, not just here.  Been a strange season, that north, and south of here have had very little.  I take a less imby view when it comes to storms and root for the whole region since I have interests all over.

That would've saved that awful game.

Everyone rips Farmers' Almanac but if they were a long range forecaster known to the board and missed by 12 hours on a 180 day forecast people would think they were awesome.  I think they called the upcoming weekend HECS too. 

in a sharp gradient storm where some people didn't meet expectations, it usually isn't going to be received well to post pictures of 8" and then repeatedly complain how you don't want the snow and how bad it is that you cant get to work...Do you really lack the self-awareness to realize that?...seems like a no-brainer....anyway....I hope you get no more snow and it melts as quickly as possible?

It seems that the reception problem is yours alone as no other poster appears to have had the temper tantrum that you have.  You also appear to lack the self-awareness that not everyone's needs,experience and expectations match your own.  But conveniently you have appointed yourself as the spokesman for all with your statements prefaced with "nobody cares that you can't get work" and the like.

I am frustrated the other way around also which is my point.  I want everyone to get it, not just here.  Been a strange season, that north, and south of here have had very little.  I take a less imby view when it comes to storms and root for the whole region since I have interests all over.

just enjoy your snow...you will get to work eventually...

It seems that the reception problem is yours alone as no other poster appears to have had the temper tantrum that you have.  You also appear to lack the self-awareness that not everyone's needs,experience and expectations match your own.  But conveniently you have appointed yourself as the spokesman for all with your statements prefaced with "nobody cares that you can't get work" and the like.

eh.. there is clearly north/south tension, moreso than normal this winter perhaps even though the "south" is doing ok ytd in general.. but it's like close'ish to normal v 300% normal.  and it's not all south directed at north. we will get through this tribulation though and corn fuel splits will unite us in a few months... well, the 5% that also post in the summer. 

Archived