• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Middle of Winter

That map is in tenths of an inch so 300 = 30".

The 00z GFS looks more amplified with the shortwave and farther north vs. the 18z run.

That map is in tenths of an inch so 300 = 30".

The 00z GFS looks more amplified with the shortwave and farther north vs. the 18z run.

oh, good god, are you serious? ive never, never seen totals like that forecast for WNY! other than meso lake effect stuff. Holy crap. if that comes to pass- we make national news.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh, good god, are you serious? ive never, never seen totals like that forecast for WNY! other than meso lake effect stuff. Holy crap. if that comes to pass- we make national news.

Well it is the NAM but it does show significant 850 mb frontogenesis (> 5 K /100km/3hr) for like a 9 hour period over parts of CNY+WNY, along with decent lake-enhancement towards the end of the event.

thanks for the advice king. i think i'll do just that. But all silliness aside, I really, really, don't remember a storm with this much consensus and such great totals for the northern western ny region. Anyone else? I recall one that was later in april that showed crazy totals, but it wasn't locked in this close with so many models. Any chance of a blizzard warning for the northern tier of WNY or is that just my buddy Miller talking...

thanks for the advice king. i think i'll do just that. But all silliness aside, I really, really, don't remember a storm with this much consensus and such great totals for the northern western ny region. Anyone else? I recall one that was later in april that showed crazy totals, but it wasn't locked in this close with so many models. Any chance of a blizzard warning for the northern tier of WNY or is that just my buddy Miller talking...

we don't do Blizzard warnings up here. We leave that for NWS in NYC and New England, where virtually none of them verify...

The Canadian doesn't appear to be out yet. I can't make the Euro, will have to spy it before work, or at work. Fingers crossed for #nochittysurprises tomorrow.

edit: looks like RGEM out, not GGEM.  I think this is H48 of the 00Z Tues RGEM (wow):

post-3165-0-09343400-1394511126_thumb.jp

The Canadian doesn't appear to be out yet. I can't make the Euro, will have to spy it before work, or at work. Fingers crossed for #nochittysurprises tomorrow.

edit: looks like RGEM out, not GGEM.  I think this is H48 of the 00Z Tues RGEM (wow):

RGEM is similar to GFS, Maybe 10 miles more north than GFS.

GEM a little bit north, but there is going to be some EPIC rates along that mixing line. There is a color blue in these pictures that I've never seen before.

I_nw_r1_EST_2014031100_031.png

I_nw_r1_EST_2014031100_033.png

I_nw_r1_EST_2014031100_035.png

I_nw_r1_EST_2014031100_037.png

I_nw_r1_EST_2014031100_039.png

I_nw_r1_EST_2014031100_040.png

I_nw_r1_EST_2014031100_042.png

I_nw_r1_EST_2014031100_044.png

that would give buf and rochester a two foot deal. im on board as of now. too far north for blizzard warnings. but snowfall totals could rival record amts.

Archived