• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Middle of Winter

honestly I think the heaviest snow falls from the thruway north. Honestly unless the models change significantly in the next 24 hours I think Lockport to ROC will see 12"+

To hard to predict that ATM. GFS/Euro have the jackpot across central Erie county into Central NY. The Euro is still the farthest south. GGEM is also south, but not as much. NAM is the far northern outlier. (Which it usually is)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They models have really been all over the place with this system. I've never seen such crazy model runs with less than 30 hours before the event. But I do remember those in Central PA with the last system went from 12+ inches to dusting 36 hours before the event. That's gotta hurt.

If that happens with this storm there will be a lot of mets hung out to dry. Some of the other broadcast stations however are still going with somewhat lower totals for the buf metro. I agree though the models have been all over the place with this one.

To hard to predict that ATM. GFS/Euro have the jackpot across central Erie county into Central NY. The Euro is still the farthest south. GGEM is also south, but not as much. NAM is the far northern outlier. (Which it usually is)

very true but even if the storm lands up further south they will still see a boost in QPF from lake enhancement. Not positive but pretty sure the global models (GFS, ECMWF) can't take the lake enhancement into account as much because of their coarser resolution.

Would be pretty short lived....air is bone dry on the eastern periphery of the arctic HP...

very true but even if the storm lands up further south they will still see a boost in QPF from lake enhancement. Not positive but pretty sure the global models (GFS, ECMWF) can't take the lake enhancement into account as much because of their coarser resolution.

:whistle:

One thing about Dave Longley's concern about mild air in front of the storm...he's right, but how many times do we see this further south? Pretty often. Temps in the 40s to near 50 in southern New England, and particularly the mid Atlantic, the day prior, is not all that unusual. It is more unusual up here. God knows, I lived that for many years from VA to CT. Of course it means you battle the transition line in that setup. In the end, the slp and 850/700 mb tracks and intensity will decide our fate. BGM to ALB definately look like they will spend some time pinging, or worse...

didn't catch that. We'll see what happens. Honestly I don't have much time to look at the models besides a quick glimpse at 850temps and QPF. Wish I had more time to get back into the weather and post on here like I used to but I'm just far too busy. This storm should be fun to watch.

Haha its all good. Its been a fun one to track the last week!

Archived