• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Middle of Winter

hmm...idk.  I'd say I'm more concerned with the storm being weaker and east (less phased) than the storm being overly phased and risking rain in WNY.  If you look at the GEFS ensemble mean and the ECMWF ensemble mean, they are both weaker and further east, out towards the 40/70 benchmark.  

Yeah I noticed that to, the GGEM has a much more amplified solution in comparison to the other models and ensembles. Seems like a powerful storm will develop, just a matter of where.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GGEM and GFS lose the storm. No phase, far to progressive. If Euro loses it, onto the next!

my worry exactly. wny has been shafted most of this winter. and this winter is almost done. rochester is below average snowfall in this brutally cold winter (partly due to bad msrmts at the airport). a tale of two or three cities this winter as buf and syr have outperformed. it would be sad to not see a big synoptic even try and brush us in this late winter period after this let down of a synoptic pattern. and i remember last aprils storm promise and die. ugh. come on euro. hold tight.

It's tough to beat that 94.7% peak. We might have a shot at it late next week depending on how cold it gets.

the ice got crushed today due to an east wind that put huge cuts and cracks throughout the lakes. tomorrow we will be lucky to register 80 percent. not to say it wont grow again substantially if the 2 week temps verify.

my worry exactly. wny has been shafted most of this winter. and this winter is almost done. rochester is below average snowfall in this brutally cold winter (partly due to bad msrmts at the airport). a tale of two or three cities this winter as buf and syr have outperformed. it would be sad to not see a big synoptic even try and brush us in this late winter period after this let down of a synoptic pattern. and i remember last aprils storm promise and die. ugh. come on euro. hold tight.

Dave, Rochester hasn't done as well as much of WNY and CNY in terms of snowfall, but it is not below normal.  Rochester has 86.3", which is 3.2" above normal for the date.  

I hadn't checked in a while but it appears the gfs has been quite poor compared to the other global models in verification of late.  Usually, the gfs is 3rd, behind the EC and the UKMET.  It has fallen behind the CMC now, and significantly so.

cor_day5_HGT_P500_G2NHX.png

GFS is back on board. This model mayhem is awesome. 6-8 inches across most of WNY. 6-12 across central NY.

Archived