joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/2/14-1/3/14 SnowStorm Observations

anthonyweather

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is snowing. And blowing. What a day.  Down to 14F now.

40 min commute took 2 hrs (5-7pm). 78 and 33 were covered. But when there wasn't traffic I have to admit I kindof enjoyed it. :P

Now lets see how my commute is in the morning...

Heavy snow on the south end of Long Beach Island, per my parents. My station (via Wunderground obs) there is at 32.3 degrees, with NNE winds gusting to 33 at the last update. Mt. Holly calling for 7-10" there. 

Here in Bergen County, over 100 miles to the north, light/moderate snow and 12 degrees. Quite a temp gradient for a snowstorm. 

Wow that seems to be the jackpot so far. I grew up in pike creek. Hope you will be heading to tlb golf course to sled soon.

That was a beautiful course, but it went bankrupt and is now completely vacant!  Developers are now fighting to put up townhomes/houses....  Anyway, just re-measured and it's closer to 7" now.  We've been under heavy echoes for several hours and it's been coming down.  Winds picking up now...

Heavily rimed snowflakes because temps are still warmish.  Its not *really* as heavy as the radar would make it look... or even your eyes. 

Thank you, kind sir.  This makes sense.. and boxes with the NWS warning for Sussex County which called for 2-5" of snow.  I was thinking a "normal" plastering for several hours under "real" 35-40 dBZ echoes would have accounted for far more precip than 2-5".  Appreciate the explanation.

Archived