Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - January 2014

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NAM is a weenie dream.  That is at 10-1 ratios.  Imagine if that verified with 15:1. :lmao::weenie:

agreed on that. I thought the QPF on the NAM was too high on there. but the GFS was too low. And the 12Z Canadian regional was also a bit high imho on the snow QPF for eastern PA and NJ. but we have time to see if the others come on board with the QPF train.

http://weather.gc.ca/data/prog/regional/2014010112/2014010112_054_R1_east_I_QPFTYPES_sn_048.png

Sure just because it's my opinion n you have said many times you dislike me. But it's your opinion n it may be right but I would Atleast say 4-6 . Oh well though. Time will tell not complaining just using my freedom of speech thank you

Sure just because it's my opinion n you have said many times you dislike me. But it's your opinion n it may be right but I would Atleast say 4-6 . Oh well though. Time will tell not complaining just using my freedom of speech thank you

Dude I'm not sure how old you are,but you have some serious issues. My comment was in no way some sort of attack , did I quote you? You are correct, I do dislike you and believe me, if I was in attack mode you will know.

And it is my opinion I think the map looks reasonable, bfd

we disagree.

Dude I'm not sure how old you are,but you have some serious issues. My comment was in no way some sort of attack , did I quote you? You are correct, I do dislike you and believe me, if I was in attack mode you will know.

And it is my opinion I think the map looks reasonable, bfd

we disagree.

Don't worry about him saussy. I think the map looks good as well, at least at this stage in the game.

15z SREF drops snow from about 8" to a bit over 7" at LNS.

Sauss I don't have issues I prob take your post more to heart because I know you criticize anything I post good or bad. Positive or negative. I'm not attacking anybody and I don't jump down somebody's throat if I read a post that I don't agree with. I love the weather that's why I'm here much like everybody else. I'm 29 by the way, I'm sure that's my problem. Well after the NAM run I think 1 inch is now a safe call. I'd change the map for my area to 1-2 inches now. I guess I jumped the gun earlier.

I think the CTP is reasonable as well. Things can be adjusted if needed later.

Yeah I understand adjustments may be needed but I think it's a safer call to adjust downwards then upwards with the way people are here in york. But I agree with you as far as adjustments.

Sauss I don't have issues I prob take your post more to heart because I know you criticize anything I post good or bad. Positive or negative. I'm not attacking anybody and I don't jump down somebody's throat if I read a post that I don't agree with. I love the weather that's why I'm here much like everybody else. I'm 29 by the way, I'm sure that's my problem. Well after the NAM run I think 1 inch is now a safe call. I'd change the map for my area to 1-2 inches now. I guess I jumped the gun earlier.

The nam has between .25 and .5 qpf for your area.  The map is a good call. Please stop!!!

Yeah I understand adjustments may be needed but I think it's a safer call to adjust downwards then upwards with the way people are here in york. But I agree with you as far as adjustments.

I don't necessarily agree. Going high and downgrading draws a lot more criticism than going the other way, and if they always go high and then bust low, folks are going to be reluctant to take a legitimate big storm seriously.

If by some miracle the 18z -> 00z guidance comes in better, you might see the easternmost tier of counties go pink.

BGM isn't waiting.

NYZ062-PAZ038>040-043-044-047-048-072-020300-

/O.UPG.KBGM.WS.A.0001.140102T2100Z-140103T1200Z/

/O.NEW.KBGM.WS.W.0001.140102T1500Z-140103T1500Z/

SULLIVAN-BRADFORD-SUSQUEHANNA-NORTHERN WAYNE-WYOMING-LACKAWANNA-

LUZERNE-PIKE-SOUTHERN WAYNE-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MONTICELLO...TOWANDA...SAYRE...

MONTROSE...TUNKHANNOCK...SCRANTON...WILKES-BARRE...HAZLETON...

MILFORD...HONESDALE

158 PM EST WED JAN 1 2014

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THURSDAY TO 10 AM

EST FRIDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BINGHAMTON HAS ISSUED A WINTER

STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW...BLOWING SNOW AND DANGEROUSLY COLD

WIND CHILLS...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THURSDAY TO 10 AM EST

FRIDAY.

* LOCATIONS...NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA AND SULLIVAN COUNTY NEW YORK.

* HAZARDS...HEAVY SNOW...BLOWING SNOW AND DANGEROUSLY COLD WIND

CHILLS.

* TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...5 TO 9 INCHES OF SNOW BY FRIDAY

MORNING.

* WIND CHILLS...WILL DROP AS LOW AS MINUS 15 TO MINUS 25 DEGREES

LATE THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING.

* TIMING...LIGHT SNOW AND FLURRIES WILL CONTINUE INTO TONIGHT WITH

ACCUMULATIONS OF AN INCH OR LESS. SNOW WILL BECOME STEADIER THURSDAY

MORNING...AND HEAVY AT TIMES THURSDAY NIGHT BEFORE TAPERING OFF

FRIDAY MORNING. NORTHERLY WINDS WILL INCREASE WITH BITTERLY COLD

AIR PUSHING DOWN INTO NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA AND SOUTHEAST NEW

YORK THURSDAY NIGHT. WIND CHILLS WILL DROP TO MINUS 15 TO MINUS

25 DEGREES BY LATE THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS...SNOW WILL RESULT IN HAZARDOUS TRAVEL. SNOW AND

BLOWING SNOW WILL MAKE FOR VERY POOR VISIBILITY AT TIMES...

ESPECIALLY THURSDAY NIGHT. IN ADDITION...DANGEROUSLY COLD WIND

CHILLS ARE EXPECTED LATE THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY MORNING.

Archived