• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2014 Obs

tnweathernut

That single band of 25-30dbz returns put down 1.25 inches here. I now am closing in on two inches, 11 degrees. I ventured down into LaFollette and the roads are an absolute nightmare. Salt isn't working at all and all side roads are just skating rinks. The only decent driving is on less traveled roads where you can get wheels in actual snow.

Which makes this another event that MRX didn't quite properly issue WWA for Campbell and Morgan Counties, probably Scott too. Nashville likely didn't either in the Crossville area.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knox guys, look outside. It's pouring and big flakes! I've got stuff to do and have done nothing but watch it snow today.

I was reading the NC guys and they're getting antsy. I think it's easier being on the expect nothing side, but I think Stovepipe still owes us some snow angels!

Knox guys, look outside. It's pouring and big flakes! I've got stuff to do and have done nothing but watch it snow today.

I was reading the NC guys and they're getting antsy. I think it's easier being on the expect nothing side, but I think Stovepipe still owes us some snow angels!

Getting a few dime sized flakes mixing in here. Not as intense rates as I've seen today but big ol' flakes.

B'ham is a mess. And Atlanta didn't cancel school either and we know they had warning. I just read on Twitter that due to parents stuck on the interstate with no gas and stuck in other ways, teachers have taken students home with them. What a mess!

Stovepipe, I'm just looking at WBIR's radar and we look in the center of some decent snow now (Tri-Cities, too). How long do you think that will last? When I put it on the "future" even on slow, the hours pass too fast for me.

B'ham is a mess. And Atlanta didn't cancel school either and we know they had warning. I just read on Twitter that due to parents stuck on the interstate with no gas and stuck in other ways, teachers have taken students home with them. What a mess!

Stovepipe, I'm just looking at WBIR's radar and we look in the center of some decent snow now (Tri-Cities, too). How long do you think that will last? When I put it on the "future" even on slow, the hours pass too fast for me.

If I had to guess, I'd say the next hour will be our peak in the Knoxville area, then maybe another hour of lighter snow before tapering off to flurries gradually.  Just a guess.

Sure is pretty out there right now and I'm pushin 3 inches, this is miracle territory!

Knox County Schools Superintendent Jim McIntyre said Tuesday the district decided to close schools as soon as they were able to.

"When I went to bed last night, after watching the late news, it wasn't forecasted," he said during a news conference this afternoon.

"So again, we look at that information and all the information we have and make the best decision we can."

That's not really true is it? I didn't watch but I know you guys said both Channel 8 & 10 talked about it. The last kids should be home by 5:30 that article said at the time it was written. What a long day for those kids. I wonder if the early morning forecasts had it because they've canceled before at around 6:30 a.m.

Thanks for the forecast guys. My brother measured on the concrete driveway a little while ago and said a little over 3 inches. I'm happy. For years if we got close to this, it was so warm it melted right away and this one should stay a day or so. I want to go for a ride so bad but I'm chicken. The EMS said stay home unless you have to get out.

Knox County Schools Superintendent Jim McIntyre said Tuesday the district decided to close schools as soon as they were able to.

"When I went to bed last night, after watching the late news, it wasn't forecasted," he said during a news conference this afternoon.

"So again, we look at that information and all the information we have and make the best decision we can."

That's not really true is it? I didn't watch but I know you guys said both Channel 8 & 10 talked about it. The last kids should be home by 5:30 that article said at the time it was written. What a long day for those kids. I wonder if the early morning forecasts had it because they've canceled before at around 6:30 a.m.

Thanks for the forecast guys. My brother measured on the concrete driveway a little while ago and said a little over 3 inches. I'm happy. For years if we got close to this, it was so warm it melted right away and this one should stay a day or so. I want to go for a ride so bad but I'm chicken. The EMS said stay home unless you have to get out.

See, he watched friggin Hinkin!  That explains everything.  Now pay my deductible Mr. McIntyre, it's your fault, you should have watched any other meteorologist but Hinkin.

Measured right at 2.75 here in north JC, I think there was less in the southern parts of the county.  I heard there was only around an inch in Erwin, but I left at 2 this afternoon.  Would be very unusual, but I did notice the radar set up almost over my house and even backed off toward I 81 for a while before collapsing back in.

I heard the 18z GFS and the EURO ensembles are further south and east with the next storm.  Maybe a trend?  Who is ready to do this again?

Measured right at 2.75 here in north JC, I think there was less in the southern parts of the county.  I heard there was only around an inch in Erwin, but I left at 2 this afternoon.  Would be very unusual, but I did notice the radar set up almost over my house and even backed off toward I 81 for a while before collapsing back in.

I heard the 18z GFS and the EURO ensembles are further south and east with the next storm.  Maybe a trend?  Who is ready to do this again?

I'm with you brother!

Archived