• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2014 Obs

tnweathernut

As for the brining situation, around here the highways were caked with salt from the last few snow events. So they get a little covered when the snow is very heavy but generally have been okay. All side roads were immediately covered here and still are. They gravel the road here. But they did it as soon as it started snowing. Now with this heavier snow, they are covered over.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Currently heavy snow, this band really means business. Almost half dollar sized flakes. I honestly didn't think that was possible with temps this low.

Congrats John! It's almost stopped here in N JC. I know the RAP shows some redevelopment, but not sure that will happen. A lot of times as the low on the coast gets its act together, it will rob the secondary area so that instead of collapsing east, it simply dissipates. Will be interesting to see what happens.

I really have to hand it to Robert (WxSouth) on this one. TREMENDOUS job in identifying something that simply wasn't there on modeling. Kudos! I didn't agree (so much for dry air), but he certainly blew this one out of the water!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats John! It's almost stopped here in N JC. I know the RAP shows some redevelopment, but not sure that will happen. A lot of times as the low on the coast gets its act together, it will rob the secondary area so that instead of collapsing east, it simply dissipates. Will be interesting to see what happens.

I really have to hand it to Robert (WxSouth) on this one. TREMENDOUS job in identifying something that simply wasn't there on modeling. Kudos! I didn't agree (so much for dry air), but he certainly blew this one out of the water!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've saw it collapse before as you said, but most modeling seems to be in your favor for keeping it going.

And Robert did hit an absolute homerun with this one. He called it before the models started showing anything. If I were to sub an individual Met site for the South, I'd have a hard time not going with him.

I've saw it collapse before as you said, but most modeling seems to be in your favor for keeping it going.

And Robert did hit an absolute homerun with this one. He called it before the models started showing anything. If I were to sub an individual Met site for the South, I'd have a hard time not going with him.

Agreed 100%. I didn't buy that we'd get snow even when the WWA was put out this morning.

I'm noticing some 20-25dbz returns working there way in from the NW towards Chattanooga now. any chance that holds together and makes its way here? already snowing pretty good again in the area. BTW, awesome storm and congrats on everyone in the area seeing snow! I was really thinking we were going to miss this one but boy did we luck out!

I was a believer after Robert posted his discussion yesterday.  Part wishful thinking on my part, but also part that it really seemed to ring true.  It seems we usually get slammed the hardest when it is totally unexpected.  Both intensity and flake size have increased here in Roane county.  Well over 3 inches now and closing in on 4.  Seems like the last inch and a half or so has come very quickly. Neighbors who have 4-wheel drive are even having problems on our road.

I was a believer after Robert posted his discussion yesterday.  Part wishful thinking on my part, but also part that it really seemed to ring true.  It seems we usually get slammed the hardest when it is totally unexpected.  Both intensity and flake size have increased here in Roane county.  Well over 3 inches now and closing in on 4.  Seems like the last inch and a half or so has come very quickly. Neighbors who have 4-wheel drive are even having problems on our road.

That is awesome to hear, congrats!

I'm really liking what I'm seeing on radar.  This storm continues to impress the hell out of me.  Looks like I'm on my way to 2.5 inches, currently 18 degrees.  That is entering nekkid snow angel territory.  And yes, Robert will be getting a new subscription from me.  Amazing weather voodoo chops on his part.

Edit:  My road and the stranded school bus that was blocking my neighborhood made an appearance on the WBIR, go me lol.

Very strange how that works. It's really picking up in Knoxville too. Maybe we'll get 3-4" out of this in old Knoxville.

That is awesome to hear, congrats!

I'm really liking what I'm seeing on radar.  This storm continues to impress the hell out of me.  Looks like I'm on my way to 2.5 inches, currently 18 degrees.  That is entering nekkid snow angel territory.  And yes, Robert will be getting a new subscription from me.  Amazing weather voodoo chops on his part.

It's too cold for that, but it is one fine powdery snow. I went out in it barefoot in slippers. Bad idea.

My road that had some black showing from people driving and all the footsteps are totally covered again. You can't even tell anyone has been out. I have a patio, not a deck, and there's no drop off in my yard at all. It's all covered and that's all I wanted.

When this on the radar now passes, that's it for Knoxville, right? Not that I'm complaining. I've already got two and one half inches or maybe a little more.

I hope the next one we get gets Nashville and the rest of Middle TN. The Memphis area has had some good ones the past few years, I believe. And the other side of the mountains in Western NC. I hope they didn't get left out.

I just subscribed to Robert again. It has been over a year when I cancelled it. $10 dollars a month is not bad and he deserves every penny of it. In my opinion he is the best met in the Southeast. Most mets just model hug but Robert forms his own educated opinion and knows what to look for when the models don't. Getting dark now so any road that is still not covered will be shortly.

Archived