joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2014 Obs

tnweathernut

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just drove from Bristol, VA, to Kingsport.  Was 1/4-1/2 mile visibility there.  Interstate, main roads, and side roads are a mess.  Thank goodness for four-wheel drive on the truck.  Looks like JC was under a heavier "band."  How much do you have, Nut?  No winter wx advisory.  Most snow since Thanksgiving.  Just under 1".  Very nice to look at....

Looks like about an inch. I though the setup for this was about the best we had seen so far. I was optimistic from about 72 hours out on this one and i am glad we scored a light snowfall before the cold leaves us........later next week.

Long range not looking so good at this point. I was hoping we would have an opportunity coming out of the arctic regime, but that is looking less likely by the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still getting light snow in Church Hill, west of Kingsport. Was out earlier and the main roads (i.e. 11W) were getting covered outside of the right travel lane. Side roads are completely covered and slick. I live on a hill and with only a front wheel drive vehicle it was fairly tricky but I made it. That was over an hour ago. I'm in for the duration at this point. Nearing an inch of snow on the ground...

DH and I walk around a lake that's about 2.5 miles around. We noticed today that for the first time in 14 years it had ice forming in several areas. We didn't have a phone to take pictures, but hopefully I can get some tomorrow.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

BTW, temp is 13 here with a dewpoint of 1. I'm sure that much dry air will be tough to overcome. Maybe it is "too cold" to snow here at least initially.

Snowing in Memphis. A shocker here. No forecast, not even one model showed it.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk

Alright Nut!!!!!!! Just virga here but the returns looked really nice. I figured it had to been snowing with returns this bright. Also, John do you ever go to sleep at night? You have been all over it from yesterday evening until this morning. Nice work!

I rarely sleep very much at all. I've never needed more than maybe 2 hours a day.

Archived