northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January Banter

Isopycnic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember last March we were told to stop the basketball talk in banter and move it to the sports section.

I started the whole thing that day. I had ask did anyone believe in global warming? Then it just went down hill from there.

Edit: Never mind, I'm talking about something else. Not the basketball thing.

Thanks, ya'll.  I'm made a ribbon wrapped huge, big bubble wand, and now I've got to fortify the store bought color goop with the secret ingredients like Glycerine, people have gleaned over the years.  Which soap?  Like how do I stick the bubble color on the neighbors house.  I know kids spend hours concocting better ways to do it.  Give..... :)

Thanks, ya'll.  I'm made a ribbon wrapped huge, big bubble wand, and now I've got to fortify the store bought color goop with the secret ingredients like Glycerine, people have gleaned over the years.  Which soap?  Like how do I stick the bubble color on the neighbors house.  I know kids spend hours concocting better ways to do it.  Give..... :)

The basic recipe is 1 cup water and 1 tablespoon of dish soap. I use Dawn concentrate. If you wanna go all out then follow this recipe......1 cup warm water, 2 tablespoons dish soap, 1 tablespoon glycerin and 1 teaspoon sugar. My Sister(she has 4 kids) uses this recipe for colored bubbles, but I have never tried it under freezing conditions.....1/3 cup dish soap, 1 1/4 cup water, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 drop food coloring. 

It's sad I know this off the top of my head  :lol: 

The basic recipe is 1 cup water and 1 tablespoon of dish soap. I use Dawn concentrate. If you wanna go all out then follow this recipe......1 cup warm water, 2 tablespoons dish soap, 1 tablespoon glycerin and 1 teaspoon sugar. My Sister(she has 4 kids) uses this recipe for colored bubbles, but I have never tried it under freezing conditions.....1/3 cup dish soap, 1 1/4 cup water, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 drop food coloring. 

It's sad I know this off the top of my head   :lol:

We all remember things.

• Spice Sugar*
  • 1 oz Tequila
  • .5 oz Mezcal
  • 1.5 oz Apple cider
  • .75 oz Fresh lemon juice
  • Ginger beer

Garnish:Diced red apple

Glass:Collins

Coat the rim of a Collins glass with Spice Sugar, fill with ice and set aside. Add the tequila, mezcal cider and lemon juice to a shaker, and fill with ice. Shake, and strain into the prepared glass. Fill with ginger beer and garnish with diced red apple.

*Spice Sugar is a mix of 4 parts sugar, 2 parts ground cinnamon, 2 parts ground nutmeg and 1 part ancho chile powder.

We all remember things.

• Spice Sugar*
  • 1 oz Tequila
  • .5 oz Mezcal
  • 1.5 oz Apple cider
  • .75 oz Fresh lemon juice
  • Ginger beer

Garnish:Diced red apple

Glass:Collins

Coat the rim of a Collins glass with Spice Sugar, fill with ice and set aside. Add the tequila, mezcal cider and lemon juice to a shaker, and fill with ice. Shake, and strain into the prepared glass. Fill with ginger beer and garnish with diced red apple.

*Spice Sugar is a mix of 4 parts sugar, 2 parts ground cinnamon, 2 parts ground nutmeg and 1 part ancho chile powder.

Now we're talkin'!

It's sad I know this off the top of my head   :lol:

Not sad, but way cool!!  Thank you, my dear, you are always in my.......hmmmm........well, I think about you from time to time...you know, in a platonic kind of wholesome way, lol.

I'm going to try exploding huge rit dye bubbles onto canvas from the roof, but something tells me I won't prefect it before it warms up again and I'll have to wait another 30 years to continue my art project :)    T

I heard there was drinking here!

1 oz good tequila

1 oz orange liqueur

3 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice (usually 1 lemon, sometimes 1 1/2)

3/4 oz agave nectar or simple syrup (this is really to taste, and you might end up adding a bit more or less depending on the lemon)

sugar on the rim

Lemonade... for grown ups.

TWC annoyed with the polar vortex thing as well. Jim Cantore explained what the polar vortex was and said that the way the words get out there is by Social media and other stuff. Paul Goodloe and Kim Cunningham have actually been pretty funny today especially when they make a reference to the polar vortex.

Did you see any frozen precip last night? It was on radar. Or was it not reaching the ground?

Nothing here seen, and nothing reported.

Cloudy tonight. Supposed to be 21º.

Our NWS busted big time yesterday - they called for 17º last night and we bottomed at 23º at 9:00 this AM - but at lease we were not above 32º until after lunch.

I think I'm going to join that tequila church with no sugar but a dash of salt until love bug season. Then I can pretty well predict the weather (more or less 92º daytime/72º nighttime for 7 months running, with a 50% chance of rain/sea breeze front T-storms 4 days per week, and mosquitoes every day .....)

We tried eating at Walt's but it was a two hour wait and my parents couldn't wait. Went to Phillippi Creek instead.

Lunch - can't beat it. Later in the day/evening - can get quite busy. But what a really neat "dive" to eat some fantastic seafood in.

Let's see - 4 1/2 from Hogtown (Gainesville) - so Jose' shots at 7:00AM and in your back seat to sleep until lunch .... :pimp:

Archived