joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pre Xmas storm

mahk_webstah

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes because I would like to experience an significant event like that at least once...then after that I might be all set lol

Yes, 1998 was exciting as it occurred, just like a hurricane is for (surviving) chasers.  However, when I looked at what remained of the (once) high quality timber stands on the state lands we manage, and on which I'd spent much time conducting the improvement harvests, much of the fun drained away.  And many folks had far greater losses than that.

Yes because I would like to experience an significant event like that at least once...then after that I might be all set lol

i hope you have a generator, a good source of fuel to feed that generator, and a way to heat your house for at least a few days.

In ’08, we were lucky to have a generator, and were even luckier to get our power back in 4 days.

it was an awesome experience, for the first 12 or 18 hours. After that it got old, fast

It'll be interesting to see how it siphons down the Upper Hudson/Champlain corridor. I'm typically colder in these situations that elevated areas to my east in so. VT etc.  The models don't usually do that justice.

32F 2m isotherm makes it to the CAD prone spots along the NH/MA border. I drop well into the 20s Sun morning on this run.

Archived