Newest Member
    joxey
12/14-12/15 Storm Obs Thread

Rib

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That temp drop was not modeled was it?

Not at the surface.  Temps aloft are surging now, you can see it on the CC product as the outer portions of the radar are now quickly warming to the southwest.  That's the warm surge which will switch the northwestern areas quickly to ice.

Brother is crossing the Walt Bridge taking 76west.

I informed the line is likely around Many or Gladwyne.

Should have a live ground report for the rain snow line soon for the burbs.

Brother ops from the bridge - 34F with heavy rain

We're are changed over in BM/Gladwyne. Man, it was snowing like hell right before the switch.

As of 630pm still heavy snow temp continues to fall here in NW Chester County now at 25.5

Snow so far 2.3" and very heavy snow....change to IP/ZR is racing NW so should not be too long....but what an amazing week of winter weather before winter.....this global warming thing....not working well for Mr Gore!!

Worcester PA. Montgomery County - Now we are down to 25.2.  Continues to drop.  I guess the question is how much precip will be thrown back into SE PA from the secondary low.  Looks like the back end from the primary is working its way across PA and up from MD.   I know the upper air is rapidly warming, but how fast (if at all) the surface air is warming from s to n.

Be interesting to see if we get sleet or FZ and for how long before (and if) it changes to plain rain.

Now have about 3" of snow on the ground. Trees have not held it much as it is a dry snow.  Will not be so lucky if it is FZ.  

Anyone with more knowledge than me care to comment?? (Maybe no one really knows and every location will have a different outcome.  

Archived