amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
12/14-12/15 Storm Obs Thread

Rib

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This. Snow is so dry I couldn't even make snowballs for the kids. Then a changeover. 

But. What an amazing week! Three solid snow events before December 15th. Incredible. 

Snow is not as dry here  - it's about 31.5, but snowing nicely now, varies between moderate to almost heavy. Beautiful out, can hear the wind in the trees. Up to 1.4 inches, all in the last 2 hours. If it stays snow here another hour or two, I'll be in bonus territory, so I'm a happy camper. Also happy for those up north of here, I think you'll do very well tonight!

As our friends in BOS/NYC would say it is "ripping" snow here in NW Chesco - at 515p we had 1.0" of new snow - the temp continue to fall with very heavy snow the temp is now at the low for the day at 26.3. Hoping it stays snow as long as possible as I hate ice and this could be a real problem with near an inch liquid left to fall.....but see it turned over at the Linc and it's on it's way northwest bound. That said it is coming down most likely at a well over 1" per hour rate right now....should be an interesting night here in NW Chesco

I have the same observations about sleet. Didn't last long at all. 

Mixed with sleet at first, then bounced back between mostly sleet and snow, then mostly sleet with a few flakes, and now over to all freezing rain. Interesting that the airport is now reporting IP/SN mixing back in. 

Temps still aren't budging from 30.6F

As our friends in BOS/NYC would say it is "ripping" snow here in NW Chesco - at 515p we had 1.0" of new snow - the temp continue to fall with very heavy snow the temp is now at the low for the day at 26.3. Hoping it stays snow as long as possible as I hate ice and this could be a real problem with near an inch liquid left to fall.....but see it turned over at the Linc and it's on it's way northwest bound. That said it is coming down most likely at a well over 1" per hour rate right now....should be an interesting night here in NW Chesco

We are pretty close to each other what are you thinking in terms of freezing rain?

Heavy snow in your old stomping grounds of Thorndale. Probably going to close up shop shortly and make the slow trek home to West Caln before the ice comes.

Mt Holly mets: for some reason my reports are not getting to you

Observation=

SNOW

New Jersey

...Monmouth County...

NEW AMOUNT

-----------

FREEHOLD 2.1 IN 04:25 PM 12/14

Reported_By=Brian Cashman

address1=

address2=

City=Freehold

State=NJ

County=Monmouth

Phone=732 431 2364

skywarnid=

Time_Date=04

Sleeting here in Concord Township, pretty heavily (started to change about 15 minutes ago). Looking at the radar, the back end of the precip looks to be about 2 to 3 hours away from Philly, at the rate it's moving. Is the progress of the back edge expected to slow at all or expand westward as the coastal low becomes stronger?

Heaviest Snow we have had in NW Chesco since October 2011...very heavy snow and temp still falling down to 25.9....closing in on 2" of snow so far and 10" so far this week!

Fortunately I have propane generator that will kick in if needed later this evening - temp continue to fall...

Archived