joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 14/15 winter storm threat part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'll tell ya ... when I/we first began tracking this potential last week it sure turned out to be a good call NOT committing to any discussion re p-type on this thing because to tell you the truth, I still don't have the first damn clue what is going to happen.   So, I guess having no horses in this race I'll just go with the Euro - fine.  

I will say this, ...just stepping back for a moment, this is an odd system.  You really don't typically see 1040mb arctic highs just get bullied out of the way by comparatively weaker lows.  

Great snow thump coming though and snowing a pretty good clip now imby.

For you probably, I think anyone south of the MA/CT/RI line and points east could be in trouble for additional heavy totals.  IE, the mix line may not be far behind the heavier precip and there may be a letup just in advance of the main heavy stuff which quickly changes over.  From between the MA Pike and the borders above it should still rip...and then progressively fine from there north...JMHO.

If I get 1-3" additional it'll be a huge victory.

New NAM has the 0c at 8h all the way through CT and RI by 1am, and knocking on the door of Boston by 130 or 2 at the latest.  Faster yet again from the earlier run.

NAM is pretty much done here by 12z. lol

Yes there was discussion the other day about these open waves in a progressive fast flow, and how they tend it in and out and don't waste any time. Usually things end faster than guidance.   I was also just noticing that it's over in WV already.   There's probably going to be some renewed rad fill-ins when the secondary lifts.

Well, I'll tell ya ... when I/we first began tracking this potential last week it sure turned out to be a good call NOT committing to any discussion re p-type on this thing because to tell you the truth, I still don't have the first damn clue what is going to happen. So, I guess having no horses in this race I'll just go with the Euro - fine.

I will say this, ...just stepping back for a moment, this is an odd system. You really don't typically see 1040mb arctic highs just get bullied out of the way by comparatively weaker lows.

Perhaps it will be another modeling correction.

Could this be just heading for the meat grinder at last moment . I.E @ sne and models struggling w that

For you probably, I think anyone south of the MA/CT/RI line and points east could be in trouble for additional heavy totals.  IE, the mix line may not be far behind the heavier precip and there may be a letup just in advance of the main heavy stuff which quickly changes over.  From between the MA Pike and the borders above it should still rip...and then progressively fine from there north...JMHO.

If I get 1-3" additional it'll be a huge victory.

New NAM has the 0c at 8h all the way through CT and RI by 1am, and knocking on the door of Boston by 130 or 2 at the latest.  Faster yet again from the earlier run.

Not true. H85 line ay 6Z south of you and Kevin. It gets to Boston at 9z and just to pike then.

They were as high as 53 in yesterday's 

Really?  Wow...that isn't too bad.  Not all too often we get TT's into the lower 50's here, even in the warm months.  Usually they always seem to get up to like 50-51 at the highest.  

What it during the Jan or Feb blizzard a few years back where TT's were like well into the mid 50's.

Perhaps it will be another modeling correction.

Could this be just heading for the meat grinder at last moment . I.E @ sne and models struggling w that

Possibly... As Dendrite just insinuated ... sometimes even the Euro blows it right on top of an event, however rare it may be that it does.   If there were ever a candidate system to question the models across the board, this is a good one.   Unfortunately, there is no crystal ball -- I could almost see this now doing anything other than snowing where I am in Ayer, and having it go over to bullets in ORH.

Really?  Wow...that isn't too bad.  Not all too often we get TT's into the lower 50's here, even in the warm months.  Usually they always seem to get up to like 50-51 at the highest.  

What it during the Jan or Feb blizzard a few years back where TT's were like well into the mid 50's.

the NAM/GFS TTs as per BUFKT were surging to 50 to 53

Possibly... As Dendrite just insinuated ... sometimes even the Euro blows it right on top of an event, however rare it may be that it does.   If there were ever a candidate system to question the models across the board, this is a good one.   Unfortunately, there is no crystal ball -- I could almost see this now doing anything other than snowing where I am in Ayer, and having it go over to bullets in ORH.

it really is too bad there isn't even a pubic hair worth of blocking. imagine locking in that HP north of Maine with this thing coming up from the south? 

Archived