Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
12/14-12/15 Winter Storm

LVblizzard

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evening Mt Holly update shows Walt Drag is not sleeping at the office.

Discusses fluff factor and snow + and thinking of upping snow totals to around 10 inches north of I 80 up north.

Come on...Drag was like wx religion back when he was up north. We are so lucky to have an amazing team at mt holly!! I have been reading Gigi forever....before we met him here.....and mike g was an instant star.

For me, it's something special to be able to chat with them here and gain even more detailed thoughts and lessons. We have one heck of an experts desk here at AMWX, or whatever we call this place this month.

Can't wait for my first storm walk tomorrow at the pocono cabin. Will be holding my scotch to the north east with a salute to wxfella. He too enjoys a good snow walk, his through the streets of boston.

Got to love this place especially in the winter, when there is a winter!!!

Hey Paul it should be very interesting out this way. Personal hunch is that we get a bigger dump of sleet and ZR than what Sim says.

Greg would not be surprised.....how quick if at all the warming comes in above is often poorly modeled. This is why professionals don't swing up and down with each model run. Reality as always will be something not quite as modeled. Either way this has been an amazing start to winter !

I'm not sweatin the NAM.  

By Saturday night, the low will be so wrapped up with cold from the north and west...it'll be producing it's own cold environment.

The 540 line could only try so hard to be perfect.  

The cold air damming will be intense, still think most of northern and central NJ (interior) will be below freezing for most of the event.

And either way, GFS should remain colder than NAM tonight.

I posted this in the central pa thread but it really looks like someone is gonna get some crazy snowfall rates I would say between Carlisle and Allentown pa into nw jersey for a time tomorrow afternoon. The NAM and GFS both look interesting for anyone lucky enough to be just north of the mix line for a time.

Steve D at NYNJPA weather already taking the NAM to the woodshed based on verification problems (Notes the NAM has large problems very shortly into it's run) not taking it seriously

I didn't read all his tweets closely but he seemed to be comparing the NAM 2M temps to current obs.  Not the greatest verification method given the vagaries of inversions etc.

That said, his forecast seems to agree with the NAM decently enough.

I'm not sweatin the NAM.  

By Saturday night, the low will be so wrapped up with cold from the north and west...it'll be producing it's own cold environment.

The 540 line could only try so hard to be perfect.  

The cold air damming will be intense, still think most of northern and central NJ (interior) will be below freezing for most of the event.

And either way, GFS should remain colder than NAM tonight.

RGEM would reflect this line of thinking i believe both the NAM and GFS went too mild on the 0z

Archived