Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the phillywx.com interface is beyond horrendous to read and navigate.  not worth to listen to 4 guys chat amongst themselves with no interest in anybody else.

Yeah that's the only reason why I haven't signed up yet. I've tried 4 times and have either been booted out or it froze up on me.  Very difficult to navigate that site too. 

Well, the "big wigs" locally have all migrated over there, so in that respect, yes.  Deep discussion does not occur on this sub-forum any longer, now that the big wigs are gone. 

That having been said, I don't think you understand "conflict of interest".  Since I have no actual stake in either board (I'm not a moderator here nor there, just a poster on both), there is no "interest" with which to conflict.

Aren't you a part time mod here?  If not, that's news to me.  And yes I do understand what conflict of interest is...

Is it really not worth it to read Adam, Tony, HM, Tom and Tom discuss local weather?  It is to me.

If Adam is am19xxx, then yeah sure.  Tony is Rainshadow right, then the both of those two are missed along with Analog96.... I never saw HM over there the few times I checked out the site.  Tombo85xxx...no thanks.  I can read HM in the mid atlantic forum....nyc has a few good posters too...most of the time its tomboxxx with irishbri....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

If Adam is am19xxx, then yeah sure.  Tony is Rainshadow right, then the both of those two are missed along with Analog96.... I never saw HM over there the few times I checked out the site.  Tombo85xxx...no thanks.  I can read HM in the mid atlantic forum....nyc has a few good posters too...most of the time its tomboxxx with irishbri....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes, Adam is am19psu and Tony is Rainshadow.  Mitch and Greg Heavener at Mt. Holly also post over there more than here.

A lot of posters seem to be comitting weenie suicide and canceling winter. Just days after the same people were saying not to take any model verbatim until after the weekend. Referring to the mid week and next weekend's storms. Just ridiculous given how unpredictable this winter has been. I'm still holding out hope for a nice double digit snowfall up here in Berks. It's been years since that's happened here lol...

Sent from my HTC ONE

How I look at the up coming couple of weeks is that 1. We're entering historically how snowiest time of year per climo. 2. Myself along with most others in this sub forum I presume are either at or above their yearly average snow totals, and from here on out we're just playing with house money in terms of additional snow. And not saying I think we're done obviously, but I'm already so happy with this winter.

How I look at the up coming couple of weeks is that 1. We're entering historically how snowiest time of year per climo. 2. Myself along with most others in this sub forum I presume are either at or above their yearly average snow totals, and from here on out we're just playing with house money in terms of additional snow. And not saying I think we're done obviously, but I'm already so happy with this winter.

agreed, if the next two weeks don't deliver at least a SECS i am ready for spring

A lot of posters seem to be comitting weenie suicide and canceling winter. Just days after the same people were saying not to take any model verbatim until after the weekend. Referring to the mid week and next weekend's storms. Just ridiculous given how unpredictable this winter has been. I'm still holding out hope for a nice double digit snowfall up here in Berks. It's been years since that's happened here lol...

Sent from my HTC ONE

Given that this year has already featured several "surprise" storms, no one should be giving up on anything yet.

Given that this year has already featured several "surprise" storms, no one should be giving up on anything yet.

I've given up following run after run until 48hrs or so till the event. Unless you're in the field, such as yourself, it's unproductive/wasting time/losing sleep sitting in front of the screen for hours on end only to get screwed more times than not. I'll peek but should be getting more things done, exercising, going out and seeing 3-dimentional people more often than I have during these storms.  

Archived