Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE/Okle: Banter/Non Storm OBS thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently there is about 8"snowpack here that is covered with about 1/2" ice (it supported my weight; I'm not huge but I'm not skinny either!).

My question: Is snowpack that is ice covered have any more or less impact with radiational cooling than a regular snowpack?

Usually fresh snow radiates best.  The glacier you currently have is nowhere near "fresh".

Cold morning here at the cabin. We have climbed to 6 from a low of 4. Love the sun rises here, deep blue sky with orange clouds streaking by and in the distance I can see the con trails from jets as they follow the NJTPK south. It's fun to track just how far away they are from our location.

I hope we see a bit of snow flying around this weekend, I bet the head honcho at our mountain 20" or more by Monday. Our official level is 18". Going to be close.

Cold morning here at the cabin. We have climbed to 6 from a low of 4. Love the sun rises here, deep blue sky with orange clouds streaking by and in the distance I can see the con trails from jets as they follow the NJTPK south. It's fun to track just how far away they are from our location.

I hope we see a bit of snow flying around this weekend, I bet the head honcho at our mountain 20" or more by Monday. Our official level is 18". Going to be close.

I'd like to see some too, I'd love to get at least 1/2" since imby the total so far is 39.6" after Monday. Got all freezing rain Tuesday-Wednesday,  and this weekend kind of faded but now appears to be making a possible comeback for at least some minor accumulation. Having to work to get to 40"!

Snow depth here varies, as much as 6" where there was snow from before last Monday, to about 3" elsewhere, but it's a solid snowpack. And about an inch of ice cubes on top of that under the trees.

I think your 20" or more (snow depth) call by Monday will be good up there.

lol...50" is within reach it would seem. The pending warm up notwithstanding, it is still only Feb. 8th. A couple of inches tomorrow and you're one Philly shorti snowfall away.

That's why i want that 2" snow tomorrow every flake counts hehe, just normal climo here on out would eclipse the 50" mark this winter it would have to switch to spring quick like 2011 to fail to make it

Archived