• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November 27th Storm (snow, sleet, rain - something maybe for everyone)

ChescoWx

Latest Wxsim module run for NW Chester County PA shows a real battle on precip types N and W of the City. It has a mix of Snow, IP and Rain arriving around 2am on Wednesday with the mix continuing heavy at times temps will remain between 32.3 and 34.8 for the duration of the storm. Would not be surprised to see some accumulations in the higher spots both at the start and end of this event. Also of note is the fact that Sunday temps should stay in the 20's all day. 

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless there is something happening here that is very definitive and very different than we are used to seeing, I prefer sticking with climo when considering storms like this so early in the season.  That, of course, means a cold rain in the coastal plain with perhaps a few wet flakes or sleet pellets at the beginning and/or end.  I think locations as close as the Poconos could really get a good dump from this, but I just don't see it happening near... and definitely not east of... I-95.  Of course, I also hope I am very wrong.     

Seems the gfs is up to its old tricks...not buying the eastern shift.

Words of wisdom Ralph - not saying it will happen but the GFS almost always shows a storm to the east for all the major events in the northeast. I would expect it to flip at least 3 more times between now and Monday evening before it locks onto a solution

I don't see how some people think a major snow will happen - there may be some snow at the start, but it'll be too warm for an all-snow event for all of this region except for some higher elevations of the Poconos.

I don't think most people are expecting an all snow event or a "big dog" event.

This is the first possible event in some time & a few locations may get some snow.

Odds don't favor snow this time of the year, but anything can happen.

I would gladly take a slushy inch or 2.

12z gfs dry as a bone for "storm boreas" ots track this time

This is the flip side of the 2 foot snow solutions that the Euro had in Mid November.  This though is even closer in to event time than when the EC capitulated.  I would have thought by this run the split between the GFS and others would have narrowed because all of the players are I believe in better sampling range.

Another reason why we need to merge the 2 sections....

It's a complete snooze-fest here, while a beast of a storm is incoming Tuesday to Thursday.   

The strongest nor'easter of the year. 

After viewing the last week, I'm thinking your right.  I hope if it happens we are welcome.  

Nut

Archived