• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
November weather dicsussion

ORH_wxman

Its just the usual early season optimism... hard to not get a little excited by finally getting a good cold shot or two in here in early/mid November.  

The mood would be different if it was like 60F every single day.  Even Blizz was worried in October when it was warm.  

Seems that way. We'll see what the residence time is of the ridging in the WPO / EPO regions. I agree we wouldn't want to see a big hole in the atmosphere locking in there this time of year, but by the same token...if it holds for another 4 weeks...we aren't even at Christmas yet.

I'd probably wait at least a month before getting a feel for the DJFM period and even that won't hold all the answers. It certainly wants to perhaps start out fun, but people forget about those abrupt turnarounds we had.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A sfar as very late month and early December go, don't be shocked if it seems like a painstaking step down process. I would not be shocked at all if that happened. If the ensembles are right, don't be shocked at a cutter, then redeveloper overhead, maybe SWFE...etc. Each low slowly bleeds colder air in with a further east track. I could envision that.

A sfar as very late month and early December go, don't be shocked if it seems like a painstaking step down process. I would not be shocked at all if that happened. If the ensembles are right, don't be shocked at a cutter, then redeveloper overhead, maybe SWFE...etc. Each low slowly bleeds colder air in with a further east track. I could envision that.

I don't see that as being bad at all actually.  It's what I've envisioned all along.  Get into late December and then we want a  pattern with stronger legs.

I would go with one shot at snow before Thanksgiving, then one afterwards.  This pattern doesn't seem like anything more than transient.  The ridges and troughs look progressive with the exception being around the 26th where a big coastal storm could become something, but again that is real long range.  However teleconnections are beginning to have some support in the Day 12 timeframe.

Remember the posts end of October and the concerns and worries. Canada looks great never did torch like some thought. Weeklies look fantastic, Ens look good, just need some precip. Nobody on here can say with any skills what the entire winter will be like but damn son give me the progged next 4 weeks anytime.

Remember the posts end of October and the concerns and worries. Canada looks great never did torch like some thought. Weeklies look fantastic, Ens look good, just need some precip. Nobody on here can say with any skills what the entire winter will be like but damn son give me the progged next 4 weeks anytime.

I wonder if Harvey Leonard thought the same in Nov '89.

Archived