joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November weather dicsussion

ORH_wxman

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah they will believe me. The mjo forcing is really toying with the ensembles as they haven't remained consistent at all on a run to run basis

So does that mean the 12z is right and the 00z is wrong? LOL. I honestly would hold any wintry expectations until December. If late November works out..consider it a bonus. 

I'm just saying I think the mjo is having an impact on the ensembles flipping. Even the GFS ensembles keep flipping around.

That doesn't mean the colder solution is right....the tropics is definitely affecting the models, but we don't know which solution is exactly right.

Well in his defense and after looking at the H5 anomalies on the euro ensembles..it isn't technically a -EPO. It's sort of a split flow look with a ridge in the Aleutians and above AK, trough over AK and a +PNA. So it's a weird kind of look, but a good one.

I was talking about this statement However all the data continues to show that the strong +EPO    (a extremely strong and large positive 500 MB height anomaly )    over the the Aleutian islands… is continuing to retrograde

I was talking about this statement However all the data continues to show that the strong +EPO    (a extremely strong and large positive 500 MB height anomaly )    over the the Aleutian islands… is continuing to retrograde

Well a -EPO has more of an AK and off the west coast of Canada ridge...not exactly an Aleutian ridge. 

^ This ..I'm not in full agreement with the more i learn the less i know part, i guess it applies sometimes...but the rest of what you said couldn't have summed it up any better.

I didn't get where he was going with that +EPO talk at all either. I also don't understand the first sentence in his write-up. Cant understand for the life of him why people forecasting warmth? I respect his opinion to go colder but what is his reasoning. Word has it he doesn't buy into the SAI argument?

i only mean it in the sense of the "peeling an onion" analogy...like if you want to be well-versed in coastal erosion, just as an example, it's a very complex interaction of multiple sciences. it's not just wind + waves = erosion...if you know what i mean. 

Boy my point and click is dead wrong then, my daily average is around 43 my PC shows a 33 degree average Tues Wed Thursday.

HIghs in the low 40s heading into later November is certainly NBD.  Nobody said it wasn't a cold shot, it just won't be terribly impressive IMO. Then we may mild up again. We'll see.

Archived