• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
RADAR LOOKING WET

i noticed this a tad.....and i have relegated this storm as a miss for everyone outside of 1/3 e SNE which still seems most likely a miss.

once bitten twice shy will prob. cause most to down play any radar trends that may not be seen even should the plows be coming out in SE mass mon. with that being said i don't think they will be.

also nam says......hold on....i'm gonna shift west a bit.......and one more shift or difficulty handling the increased barcolinity off the m. a coast due to that jibber gabber that i can't remember the HPC mentioned earlier this week ...."something to do with SST's inducing deepening and i believe a further NW precip shield" and we could have something plowable for eastern SNE .

luring in the weenies

One has to ask themselves... is this a real representation of what's happening?

It's a national composite map, it will always show more precipitation than there actually is... especially snow.

That's easy enough- just look for sfc obs. However, sometimes obs are not available in all areas, there are large gaps in the data.

That's easy enough- just look for sfc obs. However, sometimes obs are not available in all areas, there are large gaps in the data.

or i think a even better idea is to lurk in the SE regional thread area and look at the obs from those in the area .....to fill the large gaps. there are reports of underforecasted qpf amounts.

That would work, too. It's always good to have obs to fill in the blanks.

and on a side not looking at the 5h maps shouldn't the main lp be further WEST.

how much could convective feedback be retarding the main LP position at hours 30 on the 12z guidance. i.e take the nam shows 1004 mb countour in a heart shaped locaton well east of s.c / n.c . with the lp positioned on the se side .....how easily could this be more toward the NW side of the lower pressures...i.e nearer the western wall of gulf stream.....this doesn't seem that far fetched.

The only thing to watch right now is the LI/CT region tomorrow night, the norlun signature is very evident on both the 12Z GFS and NAM and especially the GEM at 36 hours (RGEM as well). These things of course often do not develop when you see them modeled, and the setup at 500mb is not exceptionally great with no extreme PVA or vort mximum but the 850mb setup looks pretty classic.

Archived