joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Second Half of October Wx Discussion?

CT Rain

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On another note..I wonder how long these clouds hang around today. there's actually a mist falling here too..but it s very muggy. Hopefully clouds hang on and noone sees anywhere near 70 today

Looks like it will burn off based on visible shot.   Adding to our torchy month, another above normal day...

Still don't see much in the way of big relaxation out by AK. The -EPO will flatten out a bit, but no black hole yet. The EC ensembles do try to migrate the PV towards the area north of AK, but the PV also took a gut punch and is elongated from SIberia to eastern Canada. 

E Canada looks like it gets pretty damned cold in the long range...GEFS want to bring most of the PV to that side, while the EC ensembles are more elongated with it though both suited are elongated to some extent...just looks like the EC more so.

Is there a certain set of teleconnectors that favor a Standard SWFE situation. Or certain set-up. It seems like Boston's best set up to cleans up in December

Typically a -PNA pattern with a lot of low heights near New Foundland...at some point a bit of a -EPO dump into Canada to provide the good cold.

There's some impressive cold amongst these dates. A few record low maxes looking at ORH data in there. You obviously wouldn't forecast that right now, but its definitely a robust cold signal on all ensemble guidance.

500hgt_comp_sup610.gif

only years that aren't on there for the ec ens is 97, 52 and 54...all others are the same (though centered on slightly different dates)

only years that aren't on there for the ec ens is 97, 52 and 54...all others are the same (though centered on slightly different dates)

Where do you get analog years for EC ensembles?

I mean, I see the N Hemisphere patterns on them, but didn't know there was a place for analog years.

Those lower heights hanging SW off of CA need to be watched. Anything ejecting from that as we head into November (if it still exists) become more and more interesting.

yea its funny, when I saw that this morning, JBs money in the bank saying came into my head, (he does have some good ones from back in the day).

There's some impressive cold amongst these dates. A few record low maxes looking at ORH data in there. You obviously wouldn't forecast that right now, but its definitely a robust cold signal on all ensemble guidance.

500hgt_comp_sup610.gif

ESRL is BACK, woot woot

it's a new feature in SV

Oh, thats a pretty cool feature actually. Whats funny is the years that were not included on the Euro ensembles were years that didn't have any snow. The remaining years on there had snow...even if just a trace. 1972, 2002, 1979, 1960, and 1976 all had snow within a week of the analog date. Regardless, it would be silly to forecast any snow right now outside of the upslope mountainous regions but at least the longwave pattern is there to turn a well-timed shortwave into something more interesting.

Man that is a deep trough and precarious look late next week. It might not be enough, but oh boy...that's an interesting look.

Yesterdays fantasy land Euro really made me look twice, like you said man o man. I am not weenieing just saw a model output that screamed holy heck. Interesting times coming up for many. As we say in good fun. NB (hi Ryan)

Archived