amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October 2013 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Soo set a daily snowfall record of 4.1" besting the 1.8" previous one.APX just issued a LES adv for the "big 5" NW lower counties.looks wintry out!

I'm casually beginning to look for a cottage somewhere near Bear Lake in the Kalkaska area. I think that's the highest average snowfall spot in the Lower Peninsula. Lets see what they end up with, although it is more cellular and not banded.

I'm casually beginning to look for a cottage somewhere near Bear Lake in the Kalkaska area. I think that's the highest average snowfall spot in the Lower Peninsula. Lets see what they end up with, although it is more cellular and not banded.

Kalkaska misses out on the wsw, sw, and w flow events but they kill on the nw and nnw events with the superior connection. Eastern Antrim is also a real sweet spot.

I've seen several near whiteouts today between here and East Jordan.

I chose where I live in Antrim because I cash in on each flow but I don't have the upslope additive.... but I also wanted to live close to the coast for Summer weather as well.

I own a house in Elk Rapids (antrim county). Wish I had more time and things to do to enjoy it in the winter months but I get most of its use in the summer. I find the winter to be a tad boring at the house. Unless Im planning on ice fishing or snowshoe'n its cool but Summer up there is the best.

Yet to see frozen precip. here in Edmonton. Hell, barely seen precipitation at all. About 0.75" at the Airport since I got here on August 23rd. Just non-stop death ridging.

Damn, hows it been Canuck? What a boring weather pattern :o could be some nice cold air coming in November as the ridge in the West breaks down. Not much in the way of storminess through the end of the month, rather dry and above normal temps for you. 

I own a house in Elk Rapids (antrim county). Wish I had more time and things to do to enjoy it in the winter months but I get most of its use in the summer. I find the winter to be a tad boring at the house. Unless Im planning on ice fishing or snowshoe'n its cool but Summer up there is the best.

I'm not looking for anything on a lake, too expensive... I probably wouldn't even use it from April through Oct 1st.

To anyone doubting whether this is a primarily winter forum, notice how posters are showing up after the first whiff of cold and snow.

NTM everyone seems to have much more disposable time when it gets dark at 6:45 and its not 75 degrees outside. Personally I love the pre storm bounce of the forum. Lots of educational tutorials, packed with funnies to boot. A good read to break up the day:)

Snow being reported in KW and Guelph, wish I still lived up on the escarpment.

Could be a few flurries flying around the city tom morning and perhaps tomorrow night again. Temperatures now down to 0.9C at the airport almost down to freezing. Low winds, clear skies-perfect recipe for some frost. 

Weather station shows 0.09" for today, as some residual snow melted off earlier today.  That combined with yesterday's melted 0.26" makes for 0.35" total precip from yesterday's event.  Assuming around 1" of snow that fell and a little light rain at the end the snow to water ratio was probably <5:1 due to surface layer conditions.

Archived