northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
October 2013 General Discussion

snowlover2

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still no 30s here yet. If it doesn't happen tonight then it's almost sure to happen later next week.

No 30's here either. My point has 43 Thursday night and 42 Friday night, although I'm sure they're biased toward climo that far out. Clouds could hold temps up Thursday night, but I'm thinking the areas first patches of frost appear Friday night.

EDIT: FWA did hit 37° back on 9/14, but my backyard Davis station only got down to 40°.

Usually that stuff comes first to your side of the lake, I have had frost 6 times already at my house.

You're well inland though, and it has been a cooler fall relative to average for Michigan peeps than in Wisconsin, given the number of heat ridges in the Plains that have brushed the Western Great Lakes.

Frost advisory out for the whole MKX CWA sans Ozaukee and Milwaukee Counties.  Finally we're getting to that time of year.

Nice!

Maybe I can get some patchy frost tonight. Winds are already under 5 mph now. I'm sure ENW will frost tonight.

I'm sure I can update my frost thread tonight.

Believe it or not, the low last night here in Toronto/YYZ was 60F! A whopping 20 degrees above normal...

Extensive cloud cover with breezes coming off the lake kept temperatures well above normal last night ahead of the on-coming front. Tonight should drop to seasonal values..The heat that built over during the day when the sun was out couldn't escape at night due to the cloud cover as well.

No 30's here either. My point has 43 Thursday night and 42 Friday night, although I'm sure they're biased toward climo that far out. Clouds could hold temps up Thursday night, but I'm thinking the areas first patches of frost appear Friday night.

EDIT: FWA did hit 37° back on 9/14, but my backyard Davis station only got down to 40°.

My point doesn't have a sub 40 until Sunday morning but I think we'll have a chance to do it before then. Sunday is it though...GFS/Euro have 850 mb temps below 0C here...that would have to trend quite a bit warmer to make 30s unlikely.

Winds have already gone calm over most of the area and temps plummeting quickly. I think we have an outside chance of seeing our first sub 40 low at RAC and MKE tonight.

I predict 37° for RAC tonight and 39° for MKE.

47° here now. 4° drop in 50 minutes.

Edit: 44° at 8:30

There could be some severe action next week with the trough dumping into the region, especially according to the GFS. The Euro has done an about-face and keeps the trough out west, spitting out little waves. It would be nice if the GFS would verify. That would give us something to follow while waiting for the snow to fly.

Well, my prediction of severe may be wrong, but at least we got a 'see text' out of it. lol

Archived