Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
August 2013 Banter

metalicwx366

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take it to the bank!! Kernersville will be under 30 feet of snn......ahhhemmmm....30 inches of sn....ahem, ahemm... at least 3 inches of snow and sleet this very winter.  I'm not saying the Mississippi will freeze, but it could :)

Birds going crazy is the first sign.  CR going crazy is the next one...and after that....well, we don't want to go there right yet.  I can tell you this...... the United States Department of Inclement Weather is watching closely, and the Moles are hacked into the Argo Array.  Things, strange things, are afoot!  T

Take it to the bank!! Kernersville will be under 30 feet of snn......ahhhemmmm....30 inches of sn....ahem, ahemm... at least 3 inches of snow and sleet this very winter.  I'm not saying the Mississippi will freeze, but it could :)

Birds going crazy is the first sign.  CR going crazy is the next one...and after that....well, we don't want to go there right yet.  I can tell you this...... the United States Department of Inclement Weather is watching closely, and the Moles are hacked into the Argo Array.  Things, strange things, are afoot!  T

I hope you get a room with a window.

Bevo, I got to watch Hot Fuzz again last night.  I'd forgotten some of the good stuff in there.  When Pegg tells Frost his notebook is one of his most important police weapons, and Frost shows him  where he's made a cartoon flip book from his, lol, I immediately thought of you :)

I remembered them attacking the meat counter with automatic weapons, but forgot about the bag boys counter attacking with a fruit fight :) 

You've got to figure those two sat around trying to figure out how they could completely destroy an idyllic English village, and get paid for it, lol.  T

My stint in the southeast is coming to an end. Sitting at JAX waiting for my 6:50 flight back to Northern New England. Haven't witnessed much in the way of exciting weather but I suppose that's good while on vacation. It has been pretty hot though and will be happy to get back to temps in the 70s & 80s.

My stint in the southeast is coming to an end. Sitting at JAX waiting for my 6:50 flight back to Northern New England. Haven't witnessed much in the way of exciting weather but I suppose that's good while on vacation. It has been pretty hot though and will be happy to get back to temps in the 70s & 80s.

You don't have to rub it in  <_<

Glad you enjoyed your stay in the south  :hug: 

You'd have had more excitement had you eaten some raw oysters over to the bay, ;)  And I bet you don't think twice about tucking into a lobster, lol.  Hope you had a good visit with your folks!  T

You don't have to rub it in <_

Glad you enjoyed your stay in the south :hug:

Didn't mean to rub it in LOL! The climate is a big reason I stayed up here when the rest of my family moved back to Georgia. I love the seasons up here, especially winter and couldn't imagine it without a solid snowpack. I enjoy my trips back south but am always happy to get back to the Green Mountains.

Oh yeah, one more thing, we had a high temp of 70 today and are already down to 55. ;)

Look who's back

Let me preface this by saying I accept AGW and that global temperatures are rising. However, I've heard a few people argue that temperatures in the US are being manipulated - and I can't seem to figure out if (a) they are right and (B) if so why this would be done.

I realize that US temperatures are just 2% of the surface of the earth, and satellite data says that we are warming and that surface obs are sometimes unreliable, but I found this today from a denialist source and I'm not sure what to make of it:

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gistemp/show_station.cgi?id=425000173040&dt=1&ds=14

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gistemp/show_station.cgi?id=425740010020&dt=1&ds=1

The surface obs were adjusted upwards, but I see no reason given and I have googled around and haven't found why NOAA adjusts temperatures per station. I can't see the reason why it was adjusted in the data either, so I figure there's more data that was used than is shown.

I can see why they would adjust an average temperature across 100s of stations because they aren't always distributed equally, but why would one station be adjusted?

Thanks!

Also:

I found this:

http://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/

But it doesn't give me a very specific reason why temperatures were adjusted. Maybe they were adjusted for when measurements were taken, if the station had moved, etc.? Obviously a 'low' at midnight isn't a 'low' at 6AM, but I'm just postulating at this point.

Archived