Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a station in Miyagi Prefecture recorded a 10-min sustained wind of 60kt for the past two hours... meanwhile, a station in the Izu Islands saw a gust of 90kt... a min pressure of 953hPa was recorded in Shizuoka Prefecture earlier this morning (JST)... those are the highest numbers that i could find at the moment..

and oh, Oshima Island saw 820mm of rainfall (32in.) in the past 12 hours which is usually a month's worth of rain in the area.. :lmao:

a station in Miyagi Prefecture recorded a 10-min sustained wind of 60kt for the past two hours... meanwhile, a station in the Izu Islands saw a gust of 90kt... a min pressure of 953hPa was recorded in Shizuoka Prefecture earlier this morning (JST)... those are the highest numbers that i could find at the moment..

and oh, Oshima Island saw 820mm of rainfall (32in.) in the past 12 hours which is usually a month's worth of rain in the area.. :lmao:

That's insane! 2.66" per hour average.

lol, indeed... the station (Oshima Island; 74amsl) actually recorded 118mm (4.6in) in one hour! :lmao:

EDIT: here's a link to the station obs across Japan...

http://www.jma.go.jp/en/amedas/000.html

Actually I had to fix that. I thought you said in 24 hours. I don't think 4.6"/hr is possible in the mid-latitudes. Probably something that is only possible with tropical systems. 

More like current typhoon! Let's see how long it takes for JWTC to pick up on the RI. 

20131016.1623.noaa19.89rgb.26W.FRANCISCO

Should have said, next typhoon to recurve into Japan! lol

Francisco looking pretty healthy!

201310161915-00.png

EURO at 12z Sunday. Sure has a large circulation wind field.

Looks like more "fun" for Japan down the road. Supposed to peak at 125 knots, but with the upper environment, the amount of OHC over the next 96 hours, and the fact that the system is already at 70 knots, I would almost expect Francisco to become a STY. Satellite presentation already shows a tightly wound CDO and the latest TRMM pass has a nice warm eye. 

Should be interesting to follow. 

0z GFS run.

Getting Francisco down to sub 964mb level early next week. 

Landfall southern Kyushu.

attachicon.giffrancisco4_gfs.png

attachicon.gifFrancisco_landfall.png

Even the T574 ~27 km resolution GFS pretty much looks like a textbook hurricane on IR. Not often you see such an impressive signature from a relatively course global model. 

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfsfull/2013101700/gfsfull_ir_wpac_25.pnggfsfull_ir_wpac_25.png

Archived