Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Your 4th Annual Lawn Thread/ Tickle your Grass

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First tickles of green finally showing in lawn this morning, last year had already mowed. Nothing blooming or flowering though

..same deal here on E.long island..even after this crazy warm up its

still brown and grey..anyway, step 1 tomorrow before fridays rain.

That stuff is intriguing to me. Never heard of it. Who sells it?

I get it at Agway, they sometimes have a coupon for like $10 off $40 or something.  Amazon also sells it

http://www.amazon.com/Wet-Forget-10587-Gallon-Remover/dp/B0019KSUG6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365690057&sr=8-1&keywords=wet+and+forget

Its a slow process to get back to perfection, but for example I had a shed roof covered in mossy stuff last spring that I applied it to and by fall it was pristine.  Also works great on concrete walks, north side of the house on the siding, etc...

I get it at Agway, they sometimes have a coupon for like $10 off $40 or something. Amazon also sells it

http://www.amazon.com/Wet-Forget-10587-Gallon-Remover/dp/B0019KSUG6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365690057&sr=8-1&keywords=wet+and+forgetI was gonna power wash my deck and brick walkway this weekend, but think ill try this. Does it come with a sprayer?

Its a slow process to get back to perfection, but for example I had a shed roof covered in mossy stuff last spring that I applied it to and by fall it was pristine. Also works great on concrete walks, north side of the house on the siding, etc...

I get it at Agway, they sometimes have a coupon for like $10 off $40 or something. Amazon also sells it

http://www.amazon.com/Wet-Forget-10587-Gallon-Remover/dp/B0019KSUG6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365690057&sr=8-1&keywords=wet+and+forgetI was gonna power wash my deck and brick walkway this weekend, but think ill try this. Does it come with a sprayer?

Its a slow process to get back to perfection, but for example I had a shed roof covered in mossy stuff last spring that I applied it to and by fall it was pristine. Also works great on concrete walks, north side of the house on the siding, etc...

Did you forget to write something?

Milorganite is great for a quick green up. Also works great on your plantings . Has anyone used Lockup  yet  ?

http://milorganite.com/

Be careful when you apply milorganite. It is soil temperature dependent and relies on soil microbes to break down the fertilizer for it to become available to the plant. That is why you usually see it being applied during the summer because the burn potential is almost zilch and the soil temperatures are higher.

Be careful when you apply milorganite. It is soil temperature dependent and relies on soil microbes to break down the fertilizer for it to become available to the plant. That is why you usually see it being applied during the summer because the burn potential is almost zilch and the soil temperatures are higher.

In the 25 + years that I have been using it I have never burned anything. I have even dropped  large amounts in a few spots a couple of times and never seen a burn, didn't mean to.

In the 25 + years that I have been using it I have never burned anything. I have even dropped  large amounts in a few spots a couple of times and never seen a burn, didn't mean to.

Yea its a very good summer fert. I was just saying be careful applying it now cause the soil temps are pretty low and you most likely will lose some of that fertilizer to other affects. Also, its not good to pound your lawn with fertilizer in spring. I would go with .25-.5lbs/k

Yea its a very good summer fert. I was just saying be careful applying it now cause the soil temps are pretty low and you most likely will lose some of that fertilizer to other affects. Also, its not good to pound your lawn with fertilizer in spring. I would go with .25-.5lbs/k

Ya this time of year I put very little down. I really don't start feeding till the end of the month.

Personally I haven't. I get it at a Pro Landscaping facility though..so maybe that makes a difference?

It's all blended at the same place, so not it doesn't matter were you get it. I personally like Anderson better then Lesco. I did Golf Course Irrigation for just  about my whole life and have  learned a thing or 2 over the years about growing grass. My neighbors think I'm crazy for cutting my lawn 3 times a week during the Spring ,early Summer LOL

It's all blended at the same place, so not it doesn't matter were you get it. I personally like Anderson better then Lesco. I did Golf Course Irrigation for just about my whole life and have learned a thing or 2 over the years about growing grass. My neighbors think I'm crazy for cutting my lawn 3 times a week during the Spring ,early Summer LOL

Lol yeah you can't cut the grass often enough in May/ June. Looking forward to the first mowing this year. Prob at least 4 weeks away sadly. Last year was already cutting

Archived