Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2012-13: Grades and Rating

WxUSAF

Grades  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What Grade Does Winter 2012-13 Deserve?

C, if March 25th counts.

Out my way we had several 2-4" storms, as well as a nice cold snap late January, with March 25th being WSW criteria. Adds up to ~17" if not more which is over two thirds of our climo.

Not the best year, but could've been worse.

Had to go with A here, although I would have given A- if an option.

Hurricane Sandy giving us three feet of snow, and deep snow on the ground around Christmas, New Years and all of February and March makes it the second best in my 10 years here.  November, the first half of December and a lot of January were pretty poor, but its hard to go wire to wire awesome.

I'm ready for spring now.

I voted C. While I would have liked to have a decent snow up here, I was pretty sure it would not happen. I just did not feel it this year. I remember telling people in the winter of 09-10 that we were due and were going to get it and we did. I think the thing that I liked least about this winter was the roller coaster temps. This has been the worst year for my sinuses.

Spring can come now. I am itching to get things planted and my gardens ready. It also gets me in the mood to do a massive spring cleaning of the house. After being closed up all winter I like to air things out while cleaning and have not been able to do that yet.

Had to go with A here, although I would have given A- if an option.

Hurricane Sandy giving us three feet of snow, and deep snow on the ground around Christmas, New Years and all of February and March makes it the second best in my 10 years here.  November, the first half of December and a lot of January were pretty poor, but its hard to go wire to wire awesome.

I'm ready for spring now.

Ye of little faith...

I was at a C- until March 25.

After March 25, Solid, B maybe B+ for the simple fact it was the biggest spring storm in LYH in 42 years. That has to count for something.

The good was many events, even if they were small. As much as we grip about car toppers, etc-- it's snow.

The bad-- "missed" opportunities but I'm not sure that's fair to say. Jan 17th was a GREAT track and I got 3.5 inches- but we had 1.25 inches of rain as well that day.

March 5-6 was odd here-- potential looked great, faded to MAYBE next nothing-- changeover comes early and we pulled 3.5 but it melted before evening.

March 25 saved our winter-- just a great event. Sleet for 5 minutes and then snow-- moderate to heavy for 6-7 hours. 6-7 inches region wide after the second burst dumped another inch or two.

If LYH climo is 18.5 (Close) we had about 80% at my place. We did have some screw zones-- especially Bedford County that missed Jan 17th and March 5.

Archived