amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April 2013 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15" of precipitation since Dec yet we're below avg snow for the season.  Seems tough to accomplish but thems the beans this yr.

I think Milwaukee is just a hair over average.

Taken from the other thread:

Updated through March 25, 2013.

WISCONSIN

Eau Claire EAU: 66.2" +22.6" 

Green Bay GRB: 66.4" +19.1"  

La Crosse LSE: 55.6" +14.9"  

Madison MSN: 70.3" +23.2" 

Milwaukee MKE: 44.6" +0.6" 

Rhinelander RHI: 67.9" NA 

Wausau AUW: 68.7" +14.7"

Edit: Yeah I agree this feels like December - except the days are longer.

I think Milwaukee is just a hair over average.

Taken from the other thread:

Edit: Yeah I agree this feels like December - except the days are longer.

Yeah we were above normal now we're 1.5" below..    Normal from July 1st 2012 is 46 and we're at like 44.5"

We need to get our normal snowfall avg of 2.6" in april to get back above normal.

It could be worse:

Based on the data available, the temperature did not reach 50 degrees or better until April 17th in 1881; second place is April 16th in 1979. So far the high temperature in Fargo has yet to reach 50 degrees, and based on the forecast (as of April 10th) this record may be broken. If Fargo does not exceed 50F by next Wednesday, that would be unprecedented.

Yeah we were above normal now we're 1.5" below..    Normal from July 1st 2012 is 46 and we're at like 44.5"

We need to get our normal snowfall avg of 2.6" in april to get back above normal.

1.3" is normal for here this month. Well keep your fingers crossed for the system next week. 

If it doesn't snow anymore, I'm +10.4" for the season.

1.3" in normal for here this month. Well keep your fingers crossed for the system next week. 

If it doesn't snow anymore, I'm +10.4" for the season.

Be nice to get one more snowfall...  Your backyard with the pines and pond would make a gorgeous picture with a 4" pasting.

Speaking of grass...Im wondering if anyone else in SE MI noticed the grass. It literally went from winter dormant to spring green overnight.

I don't know about SE MI, but down here was the same. Nothing but brown until Wed/Thurs. Within 48 hours, the grass turned green and willows and lilacs started showing green.

Drink heavily.

Additional 0.25" since this morning, and still raining at the moment, puts us over 2" for the event. 

Don't you have a big golf event today? Take your own advice, although I don't know if your boss would appreciate it.

Don't take this as me complaining, it's just being realistic, but I see it playing out very similar to this last storm.  I hope to be wrong, but I'm thinking the cold rain sector, with perhaps another warm front making it up to I80 in N Illinois.

I was just mentioning to a friend last night that next week could be a carbon copy of this week down here. Nice warm up, followed by a boundary meandering through the area for 2-3 days, accompanied by copious rain, then cooling off.

Archived