northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
April 2013 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up 1.29" of rain since 12am yesterday. 2.05" total so far this week. This is one of the slowest to emerge spring's I can remember and last year was the fastest to emerge!

My daffodils were blooming about this time last month, last year. But this year, only the green shoots about 6" tall are up - no flowers at all.

I know a few kids too that are really wondering when spring will arrive also. I said last year we were spoiled to have such an early spring and this year Mother nature isn't cutting us any slack!

Bring on May. 

Wasn't 1812 the tail end of the LIA?

Yes, about. The summer of 1816 was so cool because of the Mt. Tambora eruption in 1815, Indonesia. 

The cool summer of 1812 was blamed on the eruption of La Soufrière on St. Vincent. 

That's all we need... a ash loaded volcanic eruption.

Rain.

Clouds

WInd

Rinse, and repeat. 

Looking in vain for a sunny day.... 

Perhaps the only bright spot, is next week is looking like several days in the 50's , but with clouds, and rain.  If this keeps up, it will be close to 10 days before the sun comes out. 

44 here right now, still raining off and on, about .27" so far today, add to yesterdays .5 at least.  Kids are really beginning to complain about the weather, and not being able to go outside for recess (yes, our school still does recess).  Last sunny day here was Sunday, (I think)  and it looks like, from the NWS point forecast, we aren't seeing one for at least 3 more days...... 

Yum...May snow...my favorite.

You don't like a tasty filet of Largemouth bass?  Get a couple of big 3 pounders in the middle of July on a hot 100F/humid day...let them sit for a few hours before fileting and cooking...ummmm..

I'd hit 2 McDonald's fillet of fishes before a green carp..  We late ice fished some backwaters out by you about 6 yrs ago and you couldn't keep them suckers off the hook. Must be a huge population of them by now.

You deserve to get trolled by stebo for rooting for a cool boring summer.  I want an average summer.  No death ridge drought and no suppression drought.

Stebo couldn't troll a boat.  Anyways another 2009 style summer would be great after the last 3.  Fall torched but that's the new norm it seems :(

I'd hit 2 McDonald's fillet of fishes before a green carp..  We late ice fished some backwaters out by you about 6 yrs ago and you couldn't keep them suckers off the hook. Must be a huge population of them by now.

Yup..if you time it right they can catch a lot of them...  I personally have never went after them, but always catch a few. 

Fishing has been shut down around here because of high water/dirty water/crap weather/rain...  ice is toast...  the marsh is flooded pretty good.  Ton of ducks around..i had a mallard and a hen in my yard this morning...  they tasted great... :arrowhead:

I'd take summer of 2009 or 2008 again. At least it doesn't look like drought anytime soon. 

I'm highly considering putting in some fish this year. As long there isn't a dry spell like last year, the pond will stay within 6" of the over flow point.

Stebo couldn't troll a boat.  Anyways another 2009 style summer would be great after the last 3.  Fall torched but that's the new norm it seems :(

I'd prefer 2008 or 2010.  NOT a 2002, 2003, or 2009.  Move to Seattle if you want to see perpetual 70s and dead brown grass in July and August.

I'd prefer 2008 or 2010.  NOT a 2002, 2003, or 2009.  Move to Seattle if you want to see perpetual 70s and dead brown grass in July and August.

Best grass here ever in 2009.  July was dry but June and August wet..  brown grass was last yr if you didn't water.. no ty

Archived