Newest Member
    northernriwx
April 2013 General Discussion

Geos

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.83" storm total at LAF. Pretty good.

Local CoCoRaHS 24 hour rainfall totals...

Lafayette 2.2 S: 2.43"

West Lafayette 5.1 WSW: 1.75"

Lafayette 2.2 NE: 1.51" 

2.00-3.00" amounts in and around Kokomo via CoCoRaHS observers.

Nice!   Golf courses are really going to take off and be in primo shape..  lol and you were worried about not even getting a half inch of rain..  You and wisconsinwx are our moneypitmike's of the SNE subforum :P

Boy - I'm not sure how we could have a worse week of weather than this one outside of a week of 50's and 60's in January.

Nice!   Golf courses are really going to take off and be in primo shape..  lol and you were worried about not even getting a half inch of rain..  You and wisconsinwx are our moneypitmike's of the SNE subforum :P

Boy - I'm not sure how we could have a worse week of weather than this one outside of a week of 50's and 60's in January.

That's on me for believing in the NAM.  :axe:  But the warm front slipping south of LAF was a surprise to everyone I think.

Yeah, courses will be loving this rainfall. On the other hand, our outdoor demo day tomorrow is going to be ugly...but I expected it to be so. Cool/cold temps and soggy ground...

That's on me for believing in the NAM.  :axe:  But the warm front slipping south of LAF was a surprise to everyone I think.

Yeah, courses will be loving this rainfall. On the other hand, our outdoor demo day tomorrow is going to be ugly...but I expected it to be so. Cool/cold temps and soggy ground...

Yeah it was cool watching the warm front gets its ass handed to it.

Shat.. That's right you have the demo day..  Can they move any of it indoors?  Indoor golf simulator would be nice.

Yeah it was cool watching the warm front gets its ass handed to it.

Shat.. That's right you have the demo day..  Can they move any of it indoors?  Indoor golf simulator would be nice.

Nope. We should just postpone it, but my boss...eh, I better not say. :whistle:   :lol:

Are you F-ing kidding me.

My 5 year old daughter has even started moaning about this spring.

One of her kids shows were talking about Spring and the flowers, she blurted out that its still winter and that spring isn't coming.

attachicon.gifhaha.jpg

One of her kids shows were talking about Spring and the flowers, she blurted out that its still winter and that spring isn't coming.

My son at school is suppose to be watching for signs of spring...i told my wife they'll be out of school before that happens.

So far this Aprils high temps have averaged  1 degree colder than the first 11 days of December 2012.

December 2012 High temps

1st - 58

2nd - 59

3rd - 65

4th - 56

5th - 36

6th - 44

7th - 43

8th - 38

9th - 38

10th - 37

11th - 34

12th - 45

13th - 48

14th - 44

15th - 47

April 2013

1st - 37

2nd - 42

3rd - 39

4th - 58

5th - 42

6th - 61

7th - 53

8th - 50

9th - 39

10th - 38

11th - 39 is just a guess for today.

Forecast highs

12th - low 40's

13th - low 40's

14th - low 50's

15th - low 50's

Maybe the dryslut can make it here by noon. never wished one to come faster.  Congrats to those seeing snow in Toronto!

Birds are at least singing even in this 30's and rain week..  Haven't heard the Robins though since this past monday @ 4:30 am..  Really starting to get light early again. even with clouds its light enough to see good before 6..  Sun is rising 2 mins earlier each day now.

attachicon.gifhaha.jpg

And I imagine some people thought I was crazy and eccentric when I suggested that 1812 and 1816 should be thrown into the analog mix... :devilsmiley:

Just looking through the GFS and it really doesn't look too good...shows a warm up around the 6th and every other hour looks to avg below normal...and becomes cold again at the end of the run....

That was our warmest day this spring.   GFS killed it up in our parts..   Couple of the mall coppers here owe you an apology.

attachicon.gifhaha.jpg

My kids are really bummed out about the weather. I really for the kids. The anticipation is killing them. Never realized how important warm weather is for kids 

Archived