Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh/Western Pa Weather

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light snow picking up again now. Only a fresh coating so far. I'm right on the northern edge of the precipitation shield.

Same as you. Southern Counties doing better today. I've got a good coating to 1/4 inch. Will probably end up with an inch or less but it has been coming down pretty good the last half hour.

Happy with 1/2 inches and some moderate to heavy snow. I wasn't expecting much, but have yinz seen the snow at the Phillys game?

Yes we always get more snow over here but we very seldom get the heavy thump snow that the east coaster get. They don't get snow often but when they get it they get it. 

00z NAM looking juicier for the Tuesday wave. Showing at least .25, and get this... its ALL snow. :lmao: That would be a nice change, but can the NAM be trusted is the question?

I said this earlier about the GGEM picking this up. This little wave keeps growing. We will see if the GFS catches on.

We may be in for a little surprise Tuesday. At least it is trending.

00z NAM looking juicier for the Tuesday wave. Showing at least .25, and get this... its ALL snow. :lmao: That would be a nice change, but can the NAM be trusted is the question?

I don't. lol I trust it in terms of storm track maybe but not QPF. Almost always exaggerates the intensity it seems. I still think whatever we see Tuesday will be very minor. 

12z NAM starting to look more inline with the other models now, cut total qpf back to around .1 for most of us. Looks like another one were SE does better, but I would think ratios should be high so its possible to squeeze out 1-2 inches from it assuming we don't see it dry up more. Hopefully we have a nice region wide coverning of snow for the upcomming cold.

So this might be a 1-2 event tomorrow morning? Have you looked into the weekend threat yet, Im at work and can't check till break

12z GFS has the weekend storm currently moving across and wrapping up over the New Jersey Coast. It throws good snows back over Western Pa and Ohio but precip typ could be an issue. We are in that mix area too. Still too early as this storm's path will go back and forth. At least it has a storm and we will have to wait and see if the other models have it too. 

Archived