12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The Interior/NW Suburbs Spring Thread

Guest Patrick

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm glad we have such a friendly bunch in here.

Looks like Darkstar and neighbors could jackpot tonight with ice accretion...I might.....*might* be saved by my slightly lower elevation.  This is going to be another one where it's raining on Rt 23 in Sussex and snowing on the hilltops in either direction off the immediate highway.  fits into the season narrative very well. 

Good luck to all, hope nobody loses power.

I've noticed that also. Everybody in the interior thread is civil and doesnt project their jealousy into their posts like the city forums.

Just hope we dont get much ice up here.

Going to be ugly --- perhaps even down here in Southern Sussex.  In any borderline storm this year, it has stayed frozen throughout the core of the precip and I see nothing different here. 

This is a statement I'm NOT used to coming from the immediate burbs of Philly. 

Like Patrick, moved up here to the 'sticks' last October and couldn't be happier...

Good luck everyone and let's hope for more snow than ice!!!

I've noticed that also. Everybody in the interior thread is civil and doesnt project their jealousy into their posts like the city forums. Just hope we dont get much ice up here.

Interestingly enough, coming from the more populated areas, the actual people I meet day in and day out are OVERWHELMINGLY more friendly than what I'm accustomed to.  So, this statement that I've seen over and over again in this subforum does not surprise me.

Guest Patrick

You couldn't pay me to move back down below....

Looking outside at 3:15 on March 18, it looks more like January... light snowcover left  from the last snowfall, a stiff breeze, and waiting for more snow...

Going to be ugly --- perhaps even down here in Southern Sussex.  In any borderline storm this year, it has stayed frozen throughout the core of the precip and I see nothing different here. 

This is a statement I'm NOT used to coming from the immediate burbs of Philly. 

Like Patrick, moved up here to the 'sticks' last October and couldn't be happier...

Good luck everyone and let's hope for more snow than ice!!!

18z GFS says keep the snowblower in the front of the garage for another week. Heck almost all guidance shows the pattern is very supportive of an early spring winter storm for the east coast. A week out so lots of time to watch the details of each run swing around quite a bit before a clearer picture emerges.

Guest Patrick

glad you made it home ok. ripping snow here right now. 4".

roads are a disaster. took 4 hours to get home.

515 from rt 23 was a parking lot. Roads in HL sheet of ice.

roads are a disaster. took 4 hours to get home.

515 from rt 23 was a parking lot. Roads in HL  sheet of ice.

Only a Sussex weekender now but 23 North really gets dicey about 2 miles south of the Canistear Road turn off.    Route 515 is always one of the worst roads in snow/ice.  If it was really bad I would take 23 to 94 to get into Vernon but since you like in Highland Lakes it is too far out of the way.  I rented a house in HL one winter and it is a different weather zone there  on the mountain.  

6.1" on the ground here..

Lgt Snow w/a temp of 26.8

You've done pretty well in a lot of these storms... think this is the third or fourth storm where you about doubled me. 3.8" inclusive maybe a tenth of ice.

Yuck! 1/2" crust on top of 6" of goo. Fun shoveling...

I actually did have a fun time clearing. It was the fun kind that curls like a wave when you push it. Got my front-loader out and mustered up a decent mountain of snow.

You've done pretty well in a lot of these storms... think this is the third or fourth storm where you about doubled me. 3.8" inclusive maybe a tenth of ice.

It seems like 6" was the standard for most of Orange County with this one based on the statement Upton sent out, not sure if we'll add anything from the band now moving in from the west.  Whats your seasonal total now? 

It seems like 6" was the standard for most of Orange County with this one based on the statement Upton sent out, not sure if we'll add anything from the band now moving in from the west.  Whats your seasonal total now? 

44.2". Probably a little above average but I'd still like to break 50. Just poured snow and sleet for a few minutes with some heavy echoes in that band, seems to be mostly snow now. Good stuff

Archived