12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb28th-March1st Norlun Potential

Sey-Mour Snow

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya these Setups are so delicate. Il never forget back in jan 2011 we had a freak Norlun drop 8-12" in a few hours in parts of my area...

Yeah that was a fun one down here, totally unexpected, makes it all the more fun! Think someone in SNE sees 2" from this trough, but who knows where?

-skisheep

Then Im sitting pretty at 715 asl, if it happens

yes you are, i def had you in mind as well when i typed that.

i'm wondering if what ever develops is gonna be convective in nature or what have you, but the signature on the 3hr radar qpf charts show an intersting staggering and clustering of heavy precip . starting tomm early pm in w ct and moving ENE ish ....at least on the BTV WRF

just taking a peek at the HRRR guidance today the trend has been weaker and south with the norlun/ inv trough what have you as the 12z 18z and now 0z guidance comes in.  12z was very robust for S ORH county ....18z was better for elevations in ct and ri and 0z well ya that's good for nobody and basically a non event

the thing basically rotates NE from NYC area early tomm and expands over ct then NE toward orh over to near fram/KBED and then seems to rotate SE .  there is a lot of variability with the way the qpf does or doesn't develop and the way it tracks but i'd like to see the hrrr or arw more bullish tomo

12z btv wrf meso has stuff supposedly developing in W CT /MA now .....mmmmkaay.....then drifting east and firing/refiring thru the day/evening/late evening /then dying out gradually over central /SE areas.

looks like CT/RI/S ORH county would be in game if this play'd out SE interior mass to lesser extent....but we shall see. i guess watch the convection near ny/ct border and see if it develops and moves east?

on wv it looks like a little sw/spoke of energy/lift /moisture rotating thru the delmarva about to take a left turn up toward us...perhaps this will provide some lift to light the fuse in CT.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/nwatl/flash-wv.html

12z btv wrf meso has stuff supposedly developing in W CT /MA now .....mmmmkaay.....then drifting east and firing/refiring thru the day/evening/late evening /then dying out gradually over central /SE areas.

looks like CT/RI/S ORH county would be in game if this play'd out SE interior mass to lesser extent....but we shall see. i guess watch the convection near ny/ct border and see if it develops and moves east?

on wv it looks like a little sw/spoke of energy/lift /moisture rotating thru the delmarva about to take a left turn up toward us...perhaps this will provide some lift to light the fuse in CT.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/nwatl/flash-wv.html

Well, dark clouds in the nw sky and okx radar just picking up some very light returns to the west, might have the right idea

Well, dark clouds in the nw sky and okx radar just picking up some very light returns to the west, might have the right idea

return over sE pa ...sct'd thru most of NJ and now into SW ct ....ya looks like we will have to keep an eye on this stuff.....some meso's would give the idea that these returns become mod/to isolated heavy so ....i hope some weenie hiill could grab 2-3 ....that would be sweet.

Archived