• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
ORD Snowfall through 02/24

Minnesota Meso

Open your forecast tool box and predict the snowfall with this system for ORD.  The deadline is 02/21 at 12z (so Thursday 6am central time)

I will start... 4.8"

Edit: Maybe my bad for starting this as I won't be able to monitor it due to work constraints, if someone wants to take ownership I am fine with that...could I suggest Alek??? or maybe Chicago WX or possibly

Goes?

2nd Edit.....I will leave it as is one location, it seems to be somewhat well centered.  Here is the change.  In case of a tie the winner will be determined by how close they come to sleet and snow accumulations at STL, BTW the winner can be over the actual total.

4.2"

There's should be a new guesstimate thread for just snowfall amounts because when we guessed last week, we all thought we were going to be buried with 1-2' of snow!

Add some more locations MN meso.

I could keep an eye on it. Although I probably won't be up at 6am to enforce the deadline. 

Honestly at this point I have no idea how Chicago keeps getting screwed, it really is beyond amazing how storms are finding ways to dance around Chicago and hit everywhere else.

For months I have been saying its bad luck (which Im sure it is). But yesterday, to me, was baffling. I had an interest in the storm since it had a magnifying glass on it for 384 hours, but it was becoming clear from every model that Chicago was going to get a nice thump of snow that would fall apart like hitting a brick wall before reaching Detroit. Even as last minute trends got more favorable for Detroit, every single models qpf was still double or more in Chicago. End result? 0.29" liquid and 2.9" snow at DTW, 0.27" liquid and 2.7" snow at ORD. Not to mention DTWs snow fell 4 hours while ORD's fell in 7. Defied all logic.

Archived