Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Central PA - Second Half of February 2013

MAG5035

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z EURO moves north and slows down.  BWI is 1" liquid and the 0.75" line is about 10 miles north of Mason-Dixon.  Storm also throw a banded feature, at least to my eye, across MD Mason-Dixon counties.  Temps are about the same as previous runs.

That's encourgaging that it is trending a bit north not like the GFS yet but if .5 gets up to MDT, it might yet come further north.

12z EURO moves north and slows down.  BWI is 1" liquid and the 0.75" line is about 10 miles north of Mason-Dixon.  Storm also throw a banded feature, at least to my eye, across MD Mason-Dixon counties.  Temps are about the same as previous runs.

Looks like, based on text, it now even gives us .2.

Trend...trend...trend...is your friend.

Nilch to 0.5" qpf...not a bad trend.

Yeah, that's great stuff, man. Hope it keeps coming. 

at this rate, i'll be sippin some crown royal black from the bottle i win as soon as i hit the 4" mark!

Wheres the "like" button...

Agreed, it is nice to see all models trending north with this.  That ULL in New York State sounds like its helping to tug this bad boy north.  I dread the 18z's, but will be most anxious to see tonights runs.  I know some think the 18z's are fine, but I beg to differ as they do not get a full set of new data, but that is to an amateur eye.  No doubt they can be useful for continuation of trends, or not. 

May need coffee tomorrow.

Nut

Took a closer look at the EURO 850 temps and they are colder.

it looks to pull in colder air as it moves by and keeps the cold air aloft around into the weekend unlike with the 0z run... but then this thing parks itself over the atlantic... would be nice if it did this closer to the coast lol

Looks like, based on text, it now even gives us .2.

Yeah, that's great stuff, man. Hope it keeps coming. 

Yep, that's what I'm seeing. Big improvement over like 0.03" from the 00z, and 0" from yesterday's 12z. A couple more shifts like that and we'd be looking pretty darn good.

fwiw

BWI - .90"

LNS - .27"

THV - .42"

MDT - .28"

IPT - 1-2 snowflakes

those are over an 12-24 hour period so would be a very slow accumulation if even any above the Mason Dixon line... not into the most favorable scenario yet but def better than 0

Hey, so hate to ask, but how does it look in western pa guys?

western pa has actually looked pretty good on GFS and Euro... about .5" QPF on Euro and closer to .6" on GFS... 2-4" might not be out of the question as long as a northward and not southward trend continues...

a certain someone is claiming the Euro stayed south... i really really really am now hoping richmond ends up all rain

fwiw

BWI - .90"

LNS - .27"

THV - .42"

MDT - .28"

IPT - 1-2 snowflakes

those are over an 12-24 hour period so would be a very slow accumulation if even any above the Mason Dixon line... not into the most favorable scenario yet but def better than 0

Those totals are very different from what I have been hearing. Are those the final numbers?

Wheres the "like" button...

Agreed, it is nice to see all models trending north with this.  That ULL in New York State sounds like its helping to tug this bad boy north.  I dread the 18z's, but will be most anxious to see tonights runs.  I know some think the 18z's are fine, but I beg to differ as they do not get a full set of new data, but that is to an amateur eye.  No doubt they can be useful for continuation of trends, or not. 

May need coffee tomorrow.

Nut

the 12z gfs individual members show alot of good hits right up the 81 corridor until you get to the pa/ny border. they have been consistant over the past 3 runs. still would like to see another 50-75 mile shif nw, which I think can happen.  but at some point the nw trend will end.

someone had posted the .75 line was about 10 miles inside the MD/PA border...and a .50 line from Hbg, Lanc. and philly???

Did anyone see DT's FB page? one of his lasts posts below

DT Response:

**** 12z MONDAY EUROPEAN ..STAYS SOUTH...***

keep dreaming NYC and CT

yea and its almost as sad that people are defending him and bashing the local tv mets that have different forecasts than him when others are disproving his false claims about what the models are doing... I lost respect for him a few years ago when he was posting on a different forum and we got into it because he wouldnt accept that the data was different from what he was saying the models were showing... kinda like on here he threw a hissy fit and quit the board because everyone kept telling him he was wrong... he knows his stuff but when a storm comes close to home he acts completely different in an "im better than everyone" type manner

yea and its almost as sad that people are defending him and bashing the local tv mets that have different forecasts than him when others are disproving his false claims about what the models are doing... I lost respect for him a few years ago when he was posting on a different forum and we got into it because he wouldnt accept that the data was different from what he was saying the models were showing... kinda like on here he threw a hissy fit and quit the board because everyone kept telling him he was wrong... he knows his stuff but when a storm comes close to home he acts completely different in an "im better than everyone" type manner

i agree 100%. many people use to speak about him like he was like the weather god. Honestly i though he was wrong more then right. I just read him now for the lol factor.

Archived