Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Potential Storm 2/17-2/19

Snow_Miser

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feb 2010 was probably the best month in memory.. 52" here that month. This could very well rival it

well if there was a better 10 days for anyone in the country it woulda been feb 2010 from feb5th to feb11th (actually 6 days!) in the mid atlantic from philly to dc. Most places had 40+ inches in those two storms combined.

well if there was a better 10 days for anyone in the country it woulda been feb 2010 from feb5th to feb11th (actually 6 days!) in the mid atlantic from philly to dc. Most places had 40+ inches in those two storms combined.

I know I'm not in this thread's area, but for my area there has been 2 such time periods in my lifetime as is being depicted by the gfs.  one back in, I believe 1978, with 3 major storms in 1 week and the second being Jan. 1996 with the blizzard followed by a 19" storm 4 dsys later. 

NYC east started as rain and flipped to snow while areas in New England rained for 95% of the storm. NW of NYC received 24"+

Not in my area.  Started as snow then flipped to rain mid-afternoon and remained such until the next morning.  Ended up with less than 10" (from my memory), while areas within 10 miles received 2+ feet.  I grew up in Buffalo, so it was almost like one of those experiences when you are right on the edge of a LES band, so close, yet so far!

However, it still does not look as good as other guidance, upon comparisons. 

However, it still does not look as good as other guidance, upon comparisons. 

the Euro usually sniffs out the big first...not last. its a pause for concern....

Archived