Newest Member
    CHSVol
Potential Storm 2/17-2/19

Snow_Miser

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upton

• Friday Night A chance of rain and snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Saturday A chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
  • Saturday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Sunday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

That's similar to the Operational ECM in the sense that it blows up just a bit too late for our area to really benefit. If it could intensify and really deepen just a bit sooner, we would have a major snowstorm on our hands.

The difference is the operational send the northerm sw just south of nyc the ens takes it thru DC. And starts the process at the mouth of del bay. So lets see if over time it keeps digging and then it starts in the MA then goes to NE

Surprised nobody posted this nugget from the Mt. Holly AFD:

NEXT WEEKEND...DETAILS TO BE DETERMINED. AM CONFIDENT THERE WILL
BE A PERIOD OF SIGNIFICANT PRECIPITATION HERE AND INITIALLY NOT
SURE IF ITS A COASTAL OR INSIDE RUNNER. WHERE THE COASTAL STARTS
AND WHETHER IT SCOOPS SOME GULF MOISTURE BEFORE IT ARRIVES IS
IMPORTANT. THINK IT WILL SCOOP SOME GULF AND SE USA MOISTURE AND
WILL EVENTUALLY BE A STRONG STORM NORTH OF OUR AREA. IT COULD RUN
TOO CLOSE TO THE COAST FOR SNOW HERE EXCEPT AT THE TAIL END.

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=PHI&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

Looks like the gfs is starting to sniff it out. This one is extremely intriguing and it could be the big one for us, only time will tell.

And btw look at that PV that tries to drop in too. Everything is strung out and disjointed but this is over a week a way and we have many model runs to resolve it. Plus there is some blocking there so this would work hugely in our favor

When you have the key weather models sniffing something out nearly a week away, then there's definitely something there. The big storms are usually foreshadowed well in advance by the models I've noticed. 

The pattern looks incredible for the next 2-3 weeks, I mean wow. I would be shocked if we didn't get another major event or two this month. 

When you have the key weather models sniffing something out nearly a week away, then there's definitely something there. The big storms are usually foreshadowed well in advance by the models I've noticed.

The pattern looks incredible for the next 2-3 weeks, I mean wow. I would be shocked if we didn't get another major event or two this month.

What a turnaround huh? I'm amazed actually. I've remained optimistic especially here on the forum but I won't lie; I was very skeptical of winter returning. Well here she is.

My thoughts are we are cold and stormy to basically finish our the month. Maybe our moderation period begins the last wk in feb. March is the wildcard because I believe we return to a cold and stormy pattern by early march to finish out winter with a bang. And you never know April could always throw us one lol

Archived