Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Potential Storm 2/17-2/19

Snow_Miser

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, we have a good chance at another KU this weekend somewhere nearby, if not over all of us, or worse yet, quite likey for areas already hard hit by the last one.  UKMET is the first one to jump on board.  Others will follow.  The set up is ominous this coming weekend, and the following one too for that matter.  More important than the frame above, look at where this storm develops.  Look how far south!

post-1914-0-21093600-1360558896_thumb.gi

There is definitely some good blocking showing up during this timeframe which will force the energy south, combined with a +PNA and beasting MJO. Something will go down

Ya everything is kind of in our favor for this one. Lets hope we don't pull through next wknd 0/2. VD and PD would make for an amazing 10 days when combined with this past storm

Not if its headed up W NJ/E PA at  144...

It won't.  It will be off shore of NJ.  It is just the Canadian shows the potential for a major storm in our area.  You can clearly see how it extends the low to the coast.  That is because that is where the low will really be, somewhere between the Canadian depiction and the UKMET depiction, off the Jersey coast.

Ya everything is kind of in our favor for this one. Lets hope we don't pull through next wknd 0/2. VD and PD would make for an amazing 10 days when combined with this past storm

Yeah, Many chances in this pattern even if the thursday storm stays to our south

Lets see precip maps first. Not so sure it's as much snow as you think. Precip has been oriented more like a cold front on many of the models showing the event. So it's kinda short lived and not incredibly heavy

I woud not worry about QPF amounts, espeically on the UKMET or GGEM for that matter... They aren't too good with QPF.

Lets see precip maps first. Not so sure it's as much snow as you think. Precip has been oriented more like a cold front on many of the models showing the event. So it's kinda short lived and not incredibly heavy

I promise you, it won't be like that when the precip maps come out with storms like those.

I promise you, it won't be like that when the precip maps come out with storms like those.

This looks like an inland runner... I dont see any redevlopment out to sea... and when is the last time you saw a 990 L in E PA giving snow to NYC?  Not trying to be a debbie downer... but I dunno if this is a monster snowstorm

I just finished looking at the operational GFS, seemed like it set us up for at least four potential winter storms over the course of the run. Great pattern with some high latitude blocking developing as well.

WX/PT

Vday, pday, 3 days after that and then another couple days later. If even 2 of those come to fruition weenies will be running though the streets. Winter 2013 has been saved!! Lol

This looks like an inland runner... I dont see any redevlopment out to sea... and when is the last time you saw a 990 L in E PA giving snow to NYC?  Not trying to be a debbie downer... but I dunno if this is a monster snowstorm

Verbatim unlikely for us, but the signal is huge and the pattern doesn't favor an inland low like that .

Verbatim unlikely for us, but the signal is huge and the pattern doesn't favor an inland low like that .

I understand that part... just dont understand how based off this run and placement of the SLP people are calling for a major snow off this run... we all get major rain besides those to the west of the low... but as Kaner and CooL just said, ducks are on the pond

That's funny we basically said the same thing. But ya pattern favors offshore track for sure. This is just one model solution

UKIE would be much better for us all... just wish i could get how it magically picks up a 983 L over the BM at 144... 120 shows a weak low way down in the GOM... is that the low it picks up?  Or is it a Miller B from the clipper in N IL/S WI?

Archived